Notes From Neal Brown Press Conference

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Notes From Neal Brown Press Conference

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated by NoPittyHere.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

• Tight end Jovani Haskins has put his name in the transfer portal. Brown plans on talking to Haskins later this afternoon. (Oddity, I let Haskins in the door of the Puskar Center as I was leaving the press conference.)

• Also noted, as Kevin had pointed out earlier in the week, walk-on offensive lineman Adam Stilley is in the portal as well, as he looks for a program where he’ll have a better opportunity at playing time.

• Haskins and Stilley are the latest portal entrants, joining others who had announced prior. Brown said he doesn’t expect any more, though admitted that as a head coach, nothing ever surprises him.

• Asked him about senior wide receiver George Campbell applying for a waiver to get a sixth year of college eligibility, since he had two seasons at Florida State that could count as medical redshirt years. Brown said that WVU is indeed applying for a sixth year for Campbell, and he expects the waiver to be granted. Then it will be up to Campbell to decide if he wants to return to college for another year or move on. Brown compared the decision to a draft-eligible junior.

It’s getting increasingly harder for me to keep up with all of the rules changes regarding eligibility. But, keeping Campbell for another season (if it pans out) is absolutely huge–for both parties.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Notes From Neal Brown Press Conference