Palm’s bowl projection

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Palm’s bowl projection

• This topic has 43 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated by Tylerite.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • Author

everybody has their projection.  Here’s Jerry Palm’s.

Dec. 28 Guaranteed Rate

vs.

Big 12 vs. Big Ten 10:15 PM Phoenix, Ariz.

Playoffs

1. UGA vs 4 OKSt
    2. Meatchicken vs 3 Cincy

No ACC, No P12.  No second SEC.  No tOSU

I’d actually like to see that playoff

My hope that he’s wrong. That’s not a good match up this year for WVU. Purdue has eight wins, and have been a high scoring offense.

I also don’t like the game starting as late as it does. Most people who work couldn’t stay up to watch the game since it won’t end until two in the morning.

In other forecasts I’ve seen, WVU matched up with Missouri and with some other B-10 and SEC schools that I’d much prefer the Mountaineers play.

I like it just not the match up.

I’d rather see WVU in Phoenix just for a change of scenery. And playing a uncommon Big 10 team like Minn or Purdue.

I’ll have a bowl analysis/guess article out in a couple of days, but I think Texas Tech is very likely to get the Guaranteed Rate Bowl in Phoenix.

Just a hunch — Memphis….

Big 12 Bowl Tie-Ins, Affiliations

1. Sugar Bowl vs. SEC
    Big 12 Champion goes here if not in the College Football Playoff, or highest-ranked Big 12 team

2. Valero Alamo Bowl vs. Pac-12

Dec. 29 Alamo
    San Antonio, Texas
    9:15 p.m. (ESPN)

3. Cheez-It Bowl vs. ACC

Dec. 29 Cheez-It
    Orlando, Fla.
    5:45 p.m. (ESPN)

4. Mercari Texas Bowl vs. SEC

Jan. 4 Texas Bowl
    Houston, Texas
    TBD (ESPN)

5. AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs. SEC  —

Dec. 28 Liberty
    Memphis, Tenn.
    6:45 p.m. (ESPN)

6. Guaranteed Rate Bowl vs. Big Ten —

Dec. 28 Guaranteed Rate
    Phoenix, Ariz.
    10:15 p.m. (ESPN)

Potential other matchups
    – Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl vs. C-USA, Pac-12, or Army
    – SERVPRO First Responder Bowl vs. ACC, American Athletic, or Pac-12

I think WV will be over matched against just about any likely opponent.  Especially if Leddie opts out

tend to disagree with you on Leddie.  We have RB’s that can fill the void.  Game planning around Jarrett will be the biggest hurdle.

Orlando would be nice.

Chester Cheetah.png

Chester Cheeze-it roaming the sidelines in Orlando

I’m ok with Tony Mathis being our main tailback in the bowl if it comes to that.

And that is not a knock on Leddie in any way.

Where we’re hurting is on defense. If we don’t get some guys back healthy before the bowl game, especially in the linebacker area, its going to be tough sledding.

“its going to be tough sledding.”

Especially in Florida!
    🤓

I’ll have a bowl analysis/guess article out in a couple of days, but I think Texas Tech is very likely to get the Guaranteed Rate Bowl in Phoenix.

I’m hearing Texas Tech is pushing for the Liberty

My projections:

Orange: Oklahoma State

Sugar: Baylor

Alamo: Oklahoma

Orlando: Iowa State

Texas: Kansas State

Liberty: Texas Tech

Phoenix: West Virginia

Butlereer have to disagree on Brown. Yes we have Backs that can step in but not to the same degree, ability etc.

Doc, I get your hesitancy, but we have to win without Leddie next year.

And you don’t know if we have backs who can step in, because Leddie hasn’t missed a game this year.

Deuce I fully agree. Butlereer, you and many others be back east in all odds get a lot more information than I do here in the Phoenix area. I only get information from this site. Local papers here in reality suck at sports. Only local news on WVU is the commit of the QB at Hamilton HS. You guys have so much more access. Butlereer may be correct but Brown’s ability isn’t easily replaced or matched

My hope is the latest start time for the bowl game is no later than 9PM. And, I’d prefer it at least a couple of hours earlier than that.

I’d also like to see the Mountaineers play a game that both teams would be competitive, and not overly one sided for either team.

I haven’t really examined other schools strengths and weaknesses. But, I suspect that Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi State, and some others would be good games for the Mountaineers.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Palm’s bowl projection