Palm’s bowl projection

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Palm’s bowl projection

• This topic has 43 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated by Tylerite.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Shane thinks it’s Phoenix

Normally not the same bowl back to back.  But WVU is a draw and Memphis is close enough for a drive.

7  B12 teams bowl eligible.  WVU is #6.  If OKSt doesn’t get one of the 4, the #6 team is slotted for the Guarantee Bowl in Phoenix.

If OKSt gets one of the 4 then the #6 team is slated for the Liberty in Memphis.

But the straight slotting isn’t always followed.  Can move up or down a slot depending on what the bowls want in matchups.

I still like Memphis.  Easy drive.  Will have more WVU fans there.  Not as warm, but Memphis is a nice place to visit.  Great Food.  Great Music.

I think Bama and Cincy both have to lose for Okie State to slot in.  Afraid if only 1 of them lose, ND gets the 4th.  Not sure that would be the case if it was OU in that position.

Normally not the same bowl back to back. But WVU is a draw and Memphis is close enough for a drive.

True. I have been told that since most teams didn’t get any bowl experience last year – WVU came in the day before, played the game and then left, like a normal road game – and that few fans were allowed, that repeat visits wouldn’t be as frowned upon this year.

Druthers would be Phoenix, for the benefit of the players over the few hundred fans that might benefit!
    Been there, done that for Memphis and the Liberty bowl as far as the team goes. Give them a little reward with the sunshine and no bus trip! Maybe ALL the players would welcome a trip and real bowl experience?

Druthers would be Phoenix, for the benefit of the players over the few hundred fans that might benefit!
    Been there, done that for Memphis and the Liberty bowl as far as the team goes. Give them a little reward with the sunshine and no bus trip! Maybe ALL the players would welcome a trip and real bowl experience?

Yes, this^^^^^^^^^

Actually been there, didn’t do that, as far as the players go. Liberty was nothing more than a road game last year. No bowl experience for the players.

I disagree about Cincy needing to lose. Ok State is 5th ahead of ND. A win over #9 won’t drop them behind ND.

But yeah, they need Bama, or Michigan, who is no vs Iowa, to lose. Cincy isn’t losing.

And I won’t cheer for that to happen. Dana can go fornicate himself

Butler, like you I hope the Mountaineers play in Memphis. Playing in the East, We don’t have to stay up half the night, in order to watch that game.

I hope the Mountaineers play in a time slot that all Mountaineers have the option to watch the game.

Whenever a game begins at 9:30 or later, it eliminates those viewers that have to leave early for work, or the older viewers that are normally in bed at an early hour.

IMO, the best places for the Mountaineers to play a non major bowl game is in TN, or Florida.

Best place for the fans is either Memphis or NYC.  Easier drive.  More fans will attend.

Best place for the team is in a warm climate that they can spend an extra day or two to enjoy the time away …… and the bowl that gives the best “prize” package.   I know, I know.  All the packages are capped at the same $$$ amount.  But some are better than others.

In fact Dana can also fornicate the horse he rode in on

It will be interesting to see the Bowl game musical chairs in the following scenario:

(1) Georgia beats Alabama
    OR
    Iowa beats Michigan

(2) Oklahoma State beats Baylor and makes the CFB Playoffs

What then happens with the Sugar Bowl and Fiesta Bowl bids? Where does Baylor end up? Do all the Big 12 team bowl slots get re-shuffled?

What happens if this occurs:

Georgia beats Alabama
    Houston beats Cinci
    Baylor beats Ok. St.
    Iowa beats Michigan

This: ?

Georgia
    ND
    tOSU
    Baylor

Trying to figure all this bowl crap out is just nuts

Butler, I absolutely hated having a bowl game in NYC. That’s no picnic for the players. And, the one the Mountaineers played in Philadelphia was just as bad, even though it was indoors.

I think bowl games should be played no further north than Memphis, and that’s probably too far north for the players.

It would be much easier and a better time period for TT than the Mountaineers.

Best place for the fans is either Memphis or NYC.  Easier drive.  More fans will attend.

Uhhh, no, as far as NYC goes.  (Also, it’s not an option. Big 12 dropped the Pinstripe sev years ago.) List of the bowls is available under the FOOTBALL tab on the menu.

But that bowl ws horrid, from operations to zero preplanned  bowl activities for fans to the NY traffic to everything spread out over all the boroughs to …hopefully you get the point. Awful for all involved.

NYC, I was only thinking about ease of travel for many of our fan base.  How many fans would attend NYC bowl vs an AZ bowl?   I do agree that the traffic in NYC is horrible.  Been there a couple times a year over the years.  You get used to it.  But the public transportation is easy.  And Christmas time in NYC is like no other city in the U.S.  As far as bowl activities, much of that should be initiated by WVU.

TonyAlto if I decide to go to the Hamilton game you want to go??? What area on the west side do you live???

Tony Mathis & Justin Johnson Jr. are north /south runners and have performed well when given the chance in limited action this year!

“” TonyAlto if I decide to go to the Hamilton game you want to go??? What area on the west side do you live???”

????
    Just saw this .
    West side of what?
    I live in Ohio.
    🤫

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Palm’s bowl projection