Poll: Who is the best WVU women’s basketball player of all-time?

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Poll: Who is the best WVU women’s basketball player of all-time?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder Kevin Kinder .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Poll: Who is the best WVU women’s basketball player of all-time?
    [See the full post at: Poll: Who is the best WVU women’s basketball player of all-time?]

Can anyone think of a more accomplished family of WVU athletes than the Bulgers? Depending on how the Stills brothers do they might give them a run for their money.

Am I missing anyone else? The Bowden’s with a coach and two good football brothers maybe.

I always liked Rosemary Kosorik(it’s been too long to remember how to spell it). Otherwise, the Bulger sisters!

I always try to avoid recency bias, which makes us tend to give more credence or credit to things that happened more recently. I may overcook those some, and also due to advancing age, may try to credit the oldtimers better.

Comparing stats is always dicey, due to the changing nature of games.

That said, I always thought Cathy Parson was tremendous. Bria Holmes is really tough to get by, but I put Cathy just ahead of her. The Bulger sisters and Rosemary would be just behind. Georgeanne is remembered for the dunk, but she’s a couple of notches below all the others in terms of all-time greatness, IMO.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Poll: Who is the best WVU women’s basketball player of all-time?