Poll: Will Mountaineer senior quarterback Will Grier win the Heisman Trophy this year?

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Poll: Will Mountaineer senior quarterback Will Grier win the Heisman Trophy this year?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TonyAlto .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Greg Hunter
    Greg Hunter
    Muskets: 6,596

Poll: Will Mountaineer senior quarterback Will Grier win the Heisman Trophy this year?  
    [See the full post at: Poll: Will Mountaineer senior quarterback Will Grier win the Heisman Trophy this year?]

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

As a Heisman voter, I don’t want to have any preconceived notions. But history shows us that it’s often about the guy who gets the hype, whose team wins at least ten games, etc. WVU’s team success will go a long way in determining whether or not he’s viewed as a contender.

BGDeuce
    BGDeuce
    Muskets: 11,560

WVU could go undefeated, win every game by 30 and lead the nation in every offensive passing category known to man, and the Heisman will still never reside in the Puskar Center

jeanbeanwvu
    Muskets: 32,670

Don’t think so… but an undefeated season would give him a chance! So looking at our schedule….NO! Hope I am wrong!

tomsowinski
    Muskets: 0

While I somewhat agree with BGDeuce, in that WVU doesn’t seem to get due respect, I do believe that if WVU went undefeated, that would change the culture noticeably. An 8 and 4, or 9 and 3 season would not! Clearly, going undefeated in the Big 12 would be an achievement in excess of anything the Eers did in the past. Were that accomplished, undoubtedly, there would have to be credit given to the Defense, but I believe Will Grier’s contribution to that success could not be overlooked. While it takes a team of players AND a coshing team to achieve that level of success, it also requires a team leader and standout players, and QB’s of successful teams, get that recognition. I am not foolhardy enough to ever believe in preseason hype, and, unfortunately, WVU generally doesn’t hold up under that sort of pressure anyway. It’s a long arduous season and certain demons would have to be overcome, notably our inability to dominate in the Big 12. Nevertheless, if all fell into place, and the Eers had a VERY successful season, probably needing to be no more than a one loss effort, and Will was an integral part of that, I do believe he could win.

Allen
    Allen
    Muskets: 5,555

I would be shocked if Will wins the Heisman.

TonyAlto
    Muskets: 25,596

Depends on who’s in the final four WITH WVU!
    If Grier is the only candidate of the teams, HE WINS!
    If one of the other teams has a candidate, HE LOSES!

Remember, the Heisman is rewarded in early December,
    BEFORE the playoffs!
    Assumptions:
    WVU goes undefeated
    Wins B12
    Grier stays healthy (DUH)
    WVU makes playoffs
    If one of the assumptions proves false,
    BYE BYE!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Poll: Will Mountaineer senior quarterback Will Grier win the Heisman Trophy this year?