Poll: Would You Like To See the Backyard Brawl In Football Become An Annual Event Again?

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Poll: Would You Like To See the Backyard Brawl In Football Become An Annual Event Again?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Allen Allen .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Greg Hunter
    Greg Hunter
    Muskets: 6,596

Poll: Would You Like To See the Backyard Brawl In Football Become An Annual Event Again?  
    [See the full post at: Poll: Would You Like To See the Backyard Brawl In Football Become An Annual Event Again?]

Larry Keen
    Muskets: 6,445

yes

Shepherdstown
    Shepherdstown
    Muskets: 17,570

Much more so than any other team

EERSGO
    Muskets: 5,905

No, I would rather see us play VT annually. Better opponent.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

Remember to click on the actual link and vote in the poll to be entered for some great prizes!

Oldguyeer
    Oldguyeer
    Muskets: 7,915

Absolutely! Who wouldn’t??

skateking002
    Muskets: 3,225

Yes…….but Pitt would rather play Penn State annually. Penn State considered a bigger rivalry than WVU, and they certainly won’t play both. In my opinion as a Mountaineer fan for 63-years, the “Backyard Brawl” is a bigger deal to WVU fans than it is to Pitt fans.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets: 77,375

Absolutely.  This was a Fri after Thanksgiving game for years.  Would love to see us end our season kicking some sPitt arse.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets: 77,375

Hey Kevin, Greg. What’s up with the poll? Two things.
    #1. Where did the 10% come from that voted No? Must be those millennial aresbuckets from the Pgh Southside that don’t know about the rivalry. You know, the Pitt fans that are too embarrassed to lose to WVU.
    #2. With 145 votes on the poll you would think that more than 6 of us would have posted. To those voters …. Hey, you voting jackwads……. get off your keister and make profile and post your views. Don’t be so lazy.

exDMer
    Muskets: 12,660

Well, I like Pitt home-and-home or Marshall in Morgantown every season. I can say MU because I know they won’t accept such an offer.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

Hey Kevin, Greg. What’s up with the poll? Two things.
    #1. Where did the 10% come from that voted No? Must be those millennial aresbuckets from the Pgh Southside that don’t know about the rivalry. You know, the Pitt fans that are too embarrassed to lose to WVU.
    #2. With 145 votes on the poll you would think that more than 6 of us would have posted. To those voters …. Hey, you voting jackwads……. get off your keister and make profile and post your views. Don’t be so lazy.

I do think there are some younger fans who aren’t as steeped in the Pitt rivalry as we are, so probably some votes there. Also, maybe a few, especially from the southern part of the state, that view Tech with more disdain?

Allen
    Allen
    Muskets: 4,530

I would love to have Eastern football back again. Realignment has destroyed historic rivalries across the country.

Kansas > Missouri
    Nebraska > Oklahoma
    Pitt > WVU
    Texas A&M > Texas
    Michigan > Notre Dame
    PSU > Pitt
    Florida > Miami
    Arkansas > Texas

although not as old as Pitt rivalry but growing..
    WVU > Maryland
    WVU > Va.Tech

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Poll: Would You Like To See the Backyard Brawl In Football Become An Annual Event Again?