Poll: Would You Watch A Live Internet Stream Of A Mountaineer Game?

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Poll: Would You Watch A Live Internet Stream Of A Mountaineer Game?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer Butlereer .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Greg Hunter
    Greg Hunter
    Muskets:

Poll: Would You Watch A Live Internet Stream Of A Mountaineer Game?
    [See the full post at: Poll: Would You Watch A Live Internet Stream Of A Mountaineer Game?]

hvacboss
    Muskets:

ONLY IF IT WAS NOT AVAILABLE ON TV

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets:

Absolutely. The ESPN3, ESPNU and the game that was broadcast only on some WV stations last year caused a bit of angst when I scrambled to get the Wildlife Channel. Now it’s gone into hibernation and we have no other choice but to pay for the premium channels.

Now, if you’re asking if I would pay for it …… that’s a different story. I’ll find some cheap way to get the game somewhere, somehow. Tony on the IMG phone number is an option for audio only. BW3 is always an option as long as I have a DD.

Gom66
    Muskets:

Have watched several FB and BB games that way already.  Prefer TV, but streaming was the only way.  I’d PPV to see it streamed by say a Netflix or Amazon where you were commercial free and had ground level shots.  Too many of our games seems to be shot with only 2 cameras.

NoPittyHere
    Muskets:

“if there was no cable/over-the-air option.”

Perhaps the reminder of the question–and the most important part of it should have been the focal point. Of which has already been addressed. And in answer to that, camera angles or not (which has already been addressed), my answer is: it depends on what is offered to me, in terms of quality of the video, despite what the audio delivers–and in that vein, I despise not only the “commentary” that I pay for, but the “play by play” that is part of the package that is also “bundled” in “packages by both cable and dish services. (Tried both.)

Convoluted as this may seem, this is what I struggle with even now, despite what I am tethered to. And the powers to be damned, well know it.

In short, there is no other option at present–not that that will abruptly change–of which I will embrace wholeheartedly, and with full and unrequited enthusiasm, even at my age.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets:

It will be interesting to see how the streaming services present the game. Will they use the same multi-camera setups that the big cables and the broadcast nets do? Or will they, as pointed out above, maximize their profits by going with less equipment and fewer people on site (including the PBP and color guys), which we’ve seen happen for some hoop games recently?

I can live without the latter, but not having 4-5 cameras would definitely be a step back.

The quality of video is a great point too. Some of that will depend on the device customers are watching on, and their level of service. Many plans out there limit video to 480p or something lesser than 1080, to say nothing of the 4K that’s coming.

ONLY IF IT WAS NOT AVAILABLE ON TV

I want the sharpest view I can get when I’m not in Mountaineer Field. However that happens, I’m on it. Streaming is not as reliable as cable or satellite dish, by a long shot. And I sure don’t want to watch a football game on a 3 inch screen I’m holding in my hand.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets:

You don’t have to watch it on your phone. Stream it to the phone and use the wifi settings on your 70″ TV to sync up the phone to your TV. Then when you have to take a whiz, you take the phone with you and don’t miss anything. 😉

But you’re right. Sometimes the definition isn’t as sharp as HD.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Poll: Would You Watch A Live Internet Stream Of A Mountaineer Game?