Potential For Flexible WVU Hoops Lineups A Plus, Will Take Time To Develop

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Potential For Flexible WVU Hoops Lineups A Plus, Will Take Time To Develop

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Allen .

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Potential For Flexible WVU Hoops Lineups A Plus, Will Take Time To Develop CHARLESTON, W.Va. — West Virginia’s revamped and rolled-over basketball ro
    [See the full post at: Potential For Flexible WVU Hoops Lineups A Plus, Will Take Time To Develop]

For every starting lineup someone puts out, there will be 10 more slightly different and just as good.

JAL

Konate probably the only certain starter

” With seven newcomers and only one senior on the roster, experience is in short supply,”

Sounds lake a Coach Cal team.

Konate probably the only certain starter

You don’t think Esa has a lock on the wing position?

I’d think Esa is a starter, as well as Bolden and Knapper, so long as their health is ok. The coaches will lean on the experienced guys early on, but there will be a lot of chances for the new guys to push for roles.

I think it will be tough to get minutes for 12 or 13 players, but that potential is there.

So Kevin, with that said, it’s
    PG – Knapper
    SG – Bolden
    SF – Esa
    PF – Harris
    C – Sags

Now, this doesn’t mean this is the starting lineup come conference time. Just the experience needed to start the season.

I think that’s a very good take. Of course, the coaches aren’t ready to talk about starters yet, and will point out that who starts isn’t all that important, but I would definitely lean toward a lineup as you list.

If there’s any wiggle room, maybe at SG to get a taller guy on the floor at the start, and provide some offensive firepower coming off the bench? That’s not a knock on Beetle at all, BTW.

Beetle did good job of coming off the bench last year. Huggins loves a good 6th man player that brings a spark. I’m guessing Huggins already has lineup picked out. It will be clearer when the season starts and he gets a feel for who can do what and will do what. Practicing hard and working hard this year will be a plus if you want to get minutes. You don’t work you don’t play. It will be interesting how Huggins will work the offense of going inside and outside. Will Konate learn to pass the ball or force up a shot.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Potential For Flexible WVU Hoops Lineups A Plus, Will Take Time To Develop