QB possibility? Do we have a hardship?

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports QB possibility? Do we have a hardship?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder Kevin Kinder .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Interesting situation developing at tOSU with qb’s again.
    Justin Fields a 5 star QB is applying for a hardship status
    to make him eligible next year. With Martell and another
    5 star Baldwin out of Texas back a log jam appears to
    be in sight! Fields was seen at a recent B B game with
    Urban and Haskins! Who will be the odd man out!
    And why would the NCAA grant a hardship here!?
    Fields was beaten out at Georgia by Fromm so he
    transfers!? Hardship?

As we speak, Martell has just entered the transfer portal!

was told he was at CRC BB Classic in Wheeling to see his

old team Bishop Gorman play last weeken

Tate could be a possible transfer target, but he probably won’t help in 2019 because he would likely have to sit next fall as a transfer. He can apply for a hardship as well, and the NCAA just may grant it. Who knows? They granted Reggie Roberson, who transferred from WVU to SMU last summer, a hardship and thus immediate eligibility because his dad had sleep apnea. Anyway, if Brown doesn’t think Jack Allison and/or Trey Lowe is the answer in 2019, he may be more focused on a graduate transfer who can play right away. Then again, he may take one of each kind of transfer – one who has to sit and one who can play right away.

I wonder what are the chances of landing Beau Allen, a 4-star QB from Kentucky? I saw on the Press box that Brown offered him.

Allen is interested in WVU. But he’s a 2020 recruit.

Thanks, Kevin. I thought he was 2019 but you are correct. Of course, I’m one of those that’s still writing 2018 on ‘stuff’ anyway…..

Neal Brown followed Tate Martell on Twitter yesterday after the news broke that he was transferring.

Thanks, Kevin. I thought he was 2019 but you are correct. Of course, I’m one of those that’s still writing 2018 on ‘stuff’ anyway…..

Oh heck, you aren’t alone there!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports QB possibility? Do we have a hardship?