Redshirt

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Redshirt

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  WVFaninMI .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

How do the redshirt rules in football and basketball compare ? The Konate & Doomes situations made me curious.

As far as I know the redshirt rules are the same as always. Play one game and no redshirt.

Football passed the rule last year that allows play in four games. It was not proposed for basketball, although I would not be surprised to see that change in the future. Maybe 5-6 games?

In basketball, a player can qualify for a medical redshirt if they play in less than 30 percent of their team’s games and all they games they do play in would have to be in the first half of the season. Doomes, who has played in 12 games most in the second half of the season, would not qualify for a medical redshirt. Konate, who has played in eight games all in the first half of the season, would qualify for a medical redshirt, but if he does play tonight, he would lose that redshirt opportunity.

Redshirt possibilities still exist. 😉

He’s not a senior so it really doesn’t matter. He may come back next year, though I doubt it. But no way he stays 5 years.

Redshirt possibilities still exist. 😉

Exists, but not probable.  Needs to  …..   #1. not play the rest of this year    #2. Finish his SR year.  #3 apply for a 5th year as a RS because of injury.  This puts him 2 more years in a WVU uniform.

I stand in humble corrected status. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Redshirt