Rumor From A Pitt Guy

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Rumor From A Pitt Guy

• This topic has 23 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated by Tylerite.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Let’s hope Wanny is right. He’s much better analyst than a coach.

Maybe this is what Gee was intimating!?

And TCU and TT?

Believe it when I see it. Wannstache is a questionable source.  He just needs to run faster.

I like this rumor but keep hearing it’s ND or nothing for ACC.

I see Texas Tech to the PAC as well, with probably a Mountain West team coming with them. (Most likely UNLV or Nevada)

As for Baylor and TCU, probably the American.

I say again: There is no way on God’s green earth that a program like West Virginia, Oklahoma State, or Iowa State can be denied a seat at the table when others already sitting at the table include the likes of Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, and Rutgers, just to name a few.

Heads and lawsuits would roll, and those who might conspire to break away and exclude the Big 12 schools know it.

And most of those lawsuits will be aimed at the deep pockets of Disney.

Lawyer friend brought up the thought of collusion by ESPiN, SEC, UT and OU to destroy the NCAA.

I say again: There is no way on God’s green earth that a program like West Virginia, Oklahoma State, or Iowa State can be denied a seat at the table when others already sitting at the table include the likes of Vanderbilt, Wake Forest, and Rutgers, just to name a few.

In an analysis of what those teams bring to the table, that’s true. But those teams are already in those leagues, and they aren’t getting kicked out. This isn’t the Premier League.

Unless….ESPN/SEC/Big 10 decide to do just that, and contract down to about 32/36 total teams that they are willing to pay for. But in that scenario, WVU is on the outside looking in also.

I just gotta wonder who at those Fox meetings has any idea of what the leagues are going to do.

Proving tortious interference is very difficult. There are no end to issues that will be raised. What state to file it in? How do get ESPN (Connecticut) and Texas and OU in the same venue? How do you prove what they did?

Everyone who wants to scream “lawsuit” needs to think through the realities. Even if a winning suit could be mounted, it would take years to litigate. And by that time, the damage to WVU and other schools would already be done.

I like this rumor.  I have many questions about it, but I like it.

Well, we should know something about its validity relatively soon. The Pac 12 commish said the league would make a decison on whether to explore expansion in the near future (this week) so if that doesn’t happen that strikes down part of Wannstedt’s prediction.

KU and Iowa state to the BIG makes sense, But i don’t think the BIG fans will be happy, …But it will make BIG basketball better

I also like to see Kansas State go there with KU and ISU, and then Missouri defect to the Big10. (18)

We take the Tigers place, and Oklahoma State along with Texas Tech go to the SEC. (18)

ACC and PAC take whoever to get to 18. 9 or 10 teams(Depending on ND) from the Big12, MWC, ACC, or Independents to fill them out.

But we will hear there is no value, so enough of that.

Would be great. Hope that it happens.

Although Kansas haw been down for a dozen years, I think that eventually they’ll find a young coach that will return them or make them better than the team that won a major bowl about twenty years ago.
    Being in the Kansas City, Kansas, and Kansas City, Missouri footprint will give them plenty of fans if they have successful teams.

Kansas, and Iowa State to the B-10 makes sense. But, has their policies changed?

Previously, one of their policies was not to invite a second team from a state into the conference. This was brought out in 1990 and then again when MD and Rutgers was brought into the league.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Rumor From A Pitt Guy