Same old story…

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Same old story…

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  DocCrow .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mexman
    Muskets: 39,700

This team needs Daxter Miles Jr. to play at a higher level, up to his potential if we are going to be as good as we can be.

Dax scoring 5 points and getting into foul trouble doesn’t cut it and does not live up to who he thinks he is or who he could/should be.

What happened to the driving, slashing Dax? That’s who we need. We can’t have JC out there by himself and quite frankly that’s how the back court has seemed much of the time, JC and some guy who LOOKS like a basketball, moves like a basketball player but contributes far too little given hi natural abilities. Honestly it is as sad as it is maddening.

I understand it is not all about points but he just makes silly plays and the same types of mistakes he has made for 4 years.

Come on Dax, we know it’s in there and you CAN do it but man, stop disappearing on us so often. Be that 15 ppg game you can and should be.

NoPittyHere
    Muskets: 27,445

Agreed.

But what other options are there to play the 2?

As frustrating as it is to watch, I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be from a coaching perspective.

jaguarjohn
    Muskets: 15,400

Looking forward to Knapper and McCabe net year when we can say goodbye to inconsistent Dax

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

I’m not ready to get rid of Dax in any manner, but agree with Mex’s points. We know Dax’s abilities, and we have seen him play well many times, but showings like this one happen a bit too frequently.

Some people in the program disagree with me on this, but I think Dax’s demeanor, at least publicly, changed after the Kentucky game when he predicted a win. He wasn’t being boastful, just approaching the game with confidence and the attitude that WVU would win, which was fine with me. However the media blew it into a bragging statement, and then ripped him when UK blew WVU out. I think that hurt him, and I saw a different person after that, at lease in public interactions with us.

That’s all armchair psychology, though. And I wouldn’t blame him if that were the case, either. But the original point is valid, and it’s not just shooting. Dax is a great leaper, and for him to get one rebound is an issue. Texas Tech is really good defensively, but it’s not like this is a one game occurrence. In no way was this loss totally, or even majorly, on him, but WVU has to have better play from him, especially if West and Bolden combine for 3 points.

Ccteam
    Muskets: 87,594

Dax should be shooting threes only when the shot clock forces it, or when he has an open step in. Sometimes he falls in love with the jump shot to his and the teams’ detriment. His contributions on the defensive side are his real strength and they will be missed next year.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets: 103,615

Agreed.

But what other options are there to play the 2?

As frustrating as it is to watch, I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be from a coaching perspective.

Other options? Beetle and Teddy and even Harler. Huggs is very loyal to his players that have given their all for years. But being loyal sometimes isn’t the best for the team.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets: 103,615

Dax should be shooting threes only when the shot clock forces it, or when he has an open step in. Sometimes he falls in love with the jump shot to his and the teams’ detriment. His contributions on the defensive side are his real strength and they will be missed next year.

27% from 3 is unacceptable from any G.

TonyAlto
    Muskets: 25,606

Way too much on Dax! Other than Carter, who else has consistent
    game performances!? The collective performances as a team seems
    to be a higher priority!

mexman
    Muskets: 39,700

Way too much on Dax! Other than Carter, who else has consistent
    game performances!? The collective performances as a team seems
    to be a higher priority!

How many others have started 120 or so games? Big difference.

That said, of course you are correct. As I mentioned in another topic West and Sags were terrible on the offensive end and as Kevin has pointed out Harris with zero rebounds doesn’t cut it.

DocCrow
    Muskets: 2,250

We have now turned into Arizona State got highly ranked and then tanked. Got to number 2 barely beat Baylor lost to TT and now blow a 14 point lead against Kansas at home. Have not given up yet but highly pissed at their play 3 games in a row. Team is starting to look like Football team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Same old story…