Scouting Report Provides Punch As West Virginia Tops TCU

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Scouting Report Provides Punch As West Virginia Tops TCU

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder Kevin Kinder .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matt Keller
    Matt Keller
    Muskets:

Allen, Bolden Combine For 30 Points As WVU Counters TCU MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – The scouting report didn’t lie, both individually and as a team. What it s
    [See the full post at: Scouting Report Provides Punch As West Virginia Tops TCU]

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets:

Love those shoes! About halfway through the Teddy Allen video. Looks like they came from Haight-Ashbury.

wvulockerroom
    wvulockerroom
    Muskets:

I like hearing that from Teddy about coach Huggins.  I think if Teddy stays all 4 years Huggins will make hell into a heck of a player and man.

JAL
    Muskets:

Allen has such a nice shooting touch he should be able to score in multiple ways. Go to rim when it is available and pull up for a jumper when you do not have a clear lane to the rim. As Allen said, “I wasn’t taking what the defense was giving me. ” Game is a lot easier when you take what the defense gives.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets:

Teddy is learning to not force the game. Take what they give you. If it’s not there, don’t force it. He is one of the best players driving the paint on the team because he can take the bumps and still hold his line. That sometimes becomes a problem when he thinks he can force it in like he did in the last TCU game. Stepping back for the jumper worked well for him yesterday. He’s learning. Give him a little time with Huggs and he’ll be a great player for the next 3 years.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets:

It’s been fun to watch this development, and to see how he’s adjusting and learning bit by bit. The array of little floaters, quick shots before the defense can react (sometimes off the wrong foot), it can all work for him.

Also, one thought about his problem earlier this year – I don’t think it was because he didn’t care. He wants to compete and play. Granted, that came out in the wrong way at the time, but I’d rather have passionate guys that might have a problem once or twice than someone who doesn’t care and is just going through motions.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Scouting Report Provides Punch As West Virginia Tops TCU