Sherman Makes It A Basketball/Football Doubleheader Day For WVU

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Sherman Makes It A Basketball/Football Doubleheader Day For WVU

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Allen .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Sherman Makes It A Basketball/Football Doubleheader Day For WVU West Virginia’s men’s basketball team got another important player for its 2019-20 reb
    [See the full post at: Sherman Makes It A Basketball/Football Doubleheader Day For WVU]

JAL

Filling the roster and still 2 or 3 spots left.  Assume they are done with guards and will go after forwards.  My count has McCabe, Knapper, Haley, Harler, McNeil, McBride for 6

PG — SO..McCabe

CG — SR..Haley, FR..McBride, RSO..Knapper

2G — SR..Harler, RSO..McNeil,  JR..Sherman

Wing — SO..Matthews (Haley)

PF — (Culver, OT, Sags, Haley)

C — SO..Culver, FR..OT, SR..Sags

2 slots left….. CG FR..Nadolny and PF/Wing FR..KMJ  ??? or two Wing/PF types???

If Sags leaves …… PF/C type ????

7 G’s with Haley moving from 1 thru 4 and 3 bigs moving 4/5.  McCabe the only true PG with multiple CG’s as backups.

If we bring in Nadolny we will certainly play more of a 3G and sometimes 4G lineup.  Just depends on if there are any Wings and PF’s out there worth a schollie.

Lots of combinations available, and to me that’s the most important thing.

I do think when you get to the 6-4 6-5 range, you are talking a guy that can defend as a three — of course that depends on the player’s skill set.

The bigger question to me is can they press. That’s different from being a good halfcourt defender in some ways.

When you do a full court press you want and or need a lot of guards. Fouls will be called.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Sherman Makes It A Basketball/Football Doubleheader Day For WVU