Shorthanded Mountaineers Destroyed By Jayhawks

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Shorthanded Mountaineers Destroyed By Jayhawks

This topic contains 30 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer Butlereer .

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Yes, but I gotta be honest here, the elephant I’m talking about sits on the stool on the sidelines.For all the praise he get’s for being a HOF coach and for all he has done for WV basketball with it’s second to none facilities, and for the good will he has brought to the university, I acknowledge all of that.But you gotta ask yourself why some of the best players in the country won’t come here.

Let’s just put it this way, you guys are all over Catlett for his final years and how he didn’t own up to it.Yet, Huggins consistently get’s a pass? Some of the things I’ve seen this year from this team is just horrendous.Some of it I don’t know if I’ve ever seen it before.I understand down years that’s a given in sports but great coaches still keep it respectable because of developing young talent.This current crop of players are mediocre at best and that includes the “vets”. Recently,even in our good years we get bounced out of the NCAA by an inferior school in the first round.Maybe he needs to hand the reins over to someone with a younger perspective…..I know this won’t be received well.I just had to get it off my chest..let the meltdown begin!

I get that Huggins deserves some of the blame. He’s said it himself. He recruited these guys.
    But seriously people. How do you pin this on Huggins to the point where you’re talking about replacing him?

WVU was picked 13th in the country this year. That was due to the respect this program has EARNED on the court with the historic run of weeks in the top 25 coming into this year.
    We were in the Sweet 16 just last year.

Catlett

did

that

once

To compare Bob Huggins to Gale Catlett is to compare Manhattan, Kansas to Manhattan, New York City, NY.

WVU in the last four years has won 26, 28, 26 and 25.

The closest thing to that in program history?

1957-1960 (Fred Schaus) 25, 26, 28, 26

2007 (Beilein) 2008-2010 (Huggins) 27, 26, 23, 31

This isn’t about the coaching staff. This is about players who are more concerned about their own stats and the NBA refusing to lead this team by example. This has to due with injuries, lack of chemistry, lack of leadership and overall lack of improvement as a team.

The last part, lack of improvement, is normally at the feet of the coaching staff. But I really don’t know how to blast a coaching staff for a blowout loss to Kansas, with four starters either on the bench hurt or flat kicked off the team.
    Someone pointed out that Kansas was shorthanded as well. I believe everyone here knows the difference between Kansas, who has McDonand’s All Americans on the bench, and WVU whose lone McD’s AA is not on the team until next year.

And to honestly think that someone could recruit to Morgantown better than Bob Huggins might be the most ludicrous thing I’ve read in years.

If Bob Huggins, who lived here, played here, graduated here, bleeds gold and blue and will die here, can’t sell kids on coming here, please give me a list of coaches whom you think can.

Bob Huggins is and has been the best thing to happen to WVU Basketball in 60 years.

Doesn’t mean he’s infallible or above criticism. But anyone who thinks that Bob Huggins needs to go doesn’t truly understand the college basketball landscape, the Big 12 landscape and coaching at WVU.

Nicely said, Bill.

The coach always is responsible for the team’s performance, both on and off the court. Huggs takes it too. There are enough players still out there who are willing to put in the effort Huggs requires. He will find them.

IMO this will be a quicker fix than the last time.  It took 2 years to “fix it” with H&H and Remi out the door the second go round.

Core of Culver, Gordon, Matthews, Beetle, McCabe are all work horses.  They will set the tone for the rest that are allowed to stay and the ones coming in. Can’t be the true leader when you’r always banged up or 1st year in the program.

thanks for deleting my response

but that’s OK…I remember now why I quit coming to this site…see ya

thanks for deleting my response

Looking at your history, I don’t see any post that was deleted. What was the topic, and what did you say in the post that you think was deleted?

Been thinking about this. Is it worse that Catlett’s last year? In that one, I didn’t think there was any effort at all. This year, there are at least some guys trying. But the results might be even worse. Follow along with us as we cover rifle!

Got the BGN Magazine and paper copies yesterday. Seemed ironic that there was a feature on Harris in the mag. He was the feature for the 4 page spread on the BB team. Oh, Well. Almost 40 pages on the FB team and recruiting was excellent. As always, your coverage of the minor sports was good to see. Nobody else takes the time to cover those sports.

You should get that article and have it signed by Huggins and Harris, put that article in a glass frame. Could be worth a fortune.

The timing that we have to work under to produce the glossy magazine means that most articles have to be in at least 2-3 weeks before they are sent out. It takes more to produce the glossy pages, all the graphics, etc. So, we got smacked with the timing on the Harris article, no question.

Had this not turned out the way it did, it was still a good article.  Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you.

Catfish57…… You talking about this post?????

Yes, but I gotta be honest here, the elephant I’m talking about sits on the stool on the sidelines.For all the praise he get’s for being a HOF coach and for all he has done for WV basketball with it’s second to none facilities, and for the good will he has brought to the university, I acknowledge all of that.But you gotta ask yourself why some of the best players in the country won’t come here. Let’s just put it this way, you guys are all over Catlett for his final years and how he didn’t own up to it.Yet, Huggins consistently get’s a pass? Some of the things I’ve seen this year from this team is just horrendous.Some of it I don’t know if I’ve ever seen it before.I understand down years that’s a given in sports but great coaches still keep it respectable because of developing young talent.This current crop of players are mediocre at best and that includes the “vets”. Recently,even in our good years we get bounced out of the NCAA by an inferior school in the first round.Maybe he needs to hand the reins over to someone with a younger perspective…..I know this won’t be received well.I just had to get it off my chest..let the meltdown begin!

It’s still there on the 1st page….  AND quoted by Deuce at the top of this page.

Viewing 11 posts - 21 through 31 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Shorthanded Mountaineers Destroyed By Jayhawks