Simple Gifts

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Simple Gifts

• This topic has 12 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by ButlereerButlereer.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

The simple fix to help this team compete:

1) Haley, Jermaine (#10):  F

2) Practice and play with three guards

And 1 Big.  It’s obvious that Oscar and Derek can’t be on the floor together.  They are fighting over space in the paint and neither want to leave very often.

1Big …. 1 F Haley/Matthews(Gabe?) …… 3 G’s

If we have a 10 pt lead or more… I’m completely okay with playing Tsheibwe and Culver simultaneously

Diasagree strongly with the notion that Oscar and Derek are a liability playing together. There were 3-4 very good high-low actions with them vs. Texas, and I don’t recall many times they messed up spacing. That has been a problem, bt not in this game to my recollection.

Did you notice that with Oscar having a good game, he was not used down the stretch and played only 22 minutes.  Of the bigs, he is by far the best foul shooter, but was not used with the game on the line.  Instead we had Gabe and Culver.  Texas strategy of hacking Culver worked very well.  Huggins left Oscar on the bench while Culver continued to miss repeatedly.  Bad coaching?

Kevin, that’s fair.  I only listened to TC for this game.  In every game I watched in the past this has been a problem and not just when the pic of 3 in the block was tweeted.  I’ve been saying this from the beginning of the year that it looked like they were fighting each other for position in the paint.   If they can create spacing that’s one thing.  Then next thing is for one — or both — to hit it consistently from 12-18 ft to pull their defenders out with them.  Otherwise spacing isn’t going to mean squat.

Did you notice that with Oscar having a good game, he was not used down the stretch and played only 22 minutes. Of the bigs, he is by far the best foul shooter, but was not used with the game on the line. Instead we had Gabe and Culver. Texas strategy of hacking Culver worked very well. Huggins left Oscar on the bench while Culver continued to miss repeatedly. Bad coaching?

That’s a fair question. Larry Harrison has great input on rotations and substitutions, so have to include him in that.

Kevin, that’s fair. I only listened to TC for this game. In every game I watched in the past this has been a problem and not just when the pic of 3 in the block was tweeted. I’ve been saying this from the beginning of the year that it looked like they were fighting each other for position in the paint. If they can create spacing that’s one thing. Then next thing is for one — or both — to hit it consistently from 12-18 ft to pull their defenders out with them. Otherwise spacing isn’t going to mean squat.

I think both can hit from the FT line (at least in game shots). Right now no one is shooting it with confidence, so that’s a solution that we both agree on that might not work, given certain circustances.

I would also say this about one photo being tweeted to support a hug generalization: I can come up with any photo to support some wild point, and the photo might not apply to it at all, but sucks a bunch of people in.

I didn’t see the tweet. It might have been a good representation of jamming things up. Or it might have been someone curling off two baseline screens as part of a play.

Totally agree that if you don’t make a few shots, nothing else matters.

On another note ….. How do we insert a quote like you did in your two above posts?  That would make it easier to keep responses in line to other posts.

On another note ….. How do we insert a quote like you did in your two above posts?  That would make it easier to keep responses in line to other posts.

Never mind… found it.

But you have to type your response first.  Then move cursor above and insert , click on  ” above for block quote. copy and past who your are responding to in the block.

Or is there an easier/quicker way?

I thought that is the case…Harrison having input in rotation and substitutions, also isn’t he working

“with the bigs”….are the coaches working well together. When dad and mom are fighting kids are

not happy.

I thought Erik Martin was working with the  bigs…

https://wvusports.com/staff-directory/erik-martin/388

Since most won’t click or read thru his bio…..  “At West Virginia, Martin is responsible for post player development as well as assisting with game scouts and recruiting. Martin has also been involved in scheduling, camps, fundraising and community appearances during his time in Morgantown.”

Interesting that nothing was said in Harrison’s bio about his duties.  But they did say  …. ‘Known as one of the top recruiters in the nation, Harrison’s recruiting classes have been ranked among the best in the nation on a regular basis. His 1998 recruiting class at DePaul was ranked as the No. 1 class in the nation by The Sporting News. During his last four years at Cincinnati, three of the Bearcat recruiting classes were ranked in the top 10, including the Bearcats’ 1996 recruiting class, which was regarded as the best in the nation.”

Think about it.  The recruiting under Huggins has significantly outrun the recruiting classes of previous coaches.  That can’t be denied.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Secured By miniOrange