Smash-Mouth Mountaineers Smash The Horned Frogs

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Smash-Mouth Mountaineers Smash The Horned Frogs

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by Ccteam.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Smash-Mouth Mountaineers Smash The Horned Frogs MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – Call it “smash mouth basketball.” Just like a power-running football team, the Mou
    [See the full post at: Smash-Mouth Mountaineers Smash The Horned Frogs]

The big “O” was my player of the game. And no it’s not Oscar. And there is no “O” in Culver. It’s Osabuohien. Yes, Gabe IMO is the POG. This kid is relentless on the floor. He, IMO, is the best defensive player we have. Yes, Derek can play out front against smaller players. Miles may be the best G defender. But Gabe is absolutely disruptive on the floor at all times. And to top it off he’s a great passer. 4 assists this game. Almost as many assists as points for the year. Would like to see how many tips, deflections, charges taken and held balls he has. This kid is 100% energy and it’s contagious.

Yeah I like Gabe…great hustle…athletic…you know with his size, Neal Brown needs to recruit him as
    a tight end….right.

oops forgot to say, was IMO the best defensive game to date. 40 min solid D. I think they let up for 12 seconds.
    The eer’s keep that…WOW.

Agreed Butler. We’ve been debating – who’s the best WVU player in history that was as little of a scoring threat as Gabe?

I didn’t say offensive threat, though, because his passing is getting better as you note, and with his height he has some avenues for big to big passes that shorter guards don’t.

I’d also say that Gabe is the best on-ball defender. Watch the way he sits down to guard. He switches to guard any position on screens, and hedges and recovers to get back to the boards so well.

When we were awaiting his eligibility ruling this year, I was thinking ‘It’d be nice to have him, but maybe not critical.’ Well, that was totally wrong. What a difference he as made, and as you said, it’s contagious.

As for a low-scoring player that had great impact, maybe J.D. Collins? Tough, gritty, played through a debilitating condition, ran the team and had a 2.4-1 assist to turnover ratio.

Thoroughman?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Smash-Mouth Mountaineers Smash The Horned Frogs