So….Austin Kendall….nobody interested?

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports So….Austin Kendall….nobody interested?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder Kevin Kinder .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

So the National Media is claiming that Jalen Hurts and the Sooners have mutual interest.  Which may be why Austin Kendall is expressing interest in being a grad transfer but, is he a quality player with the misfortune of being the backup for the last two Heisman Winners or is he just the extra arm and now everyone else is gone?

I haven’t seen him play, and I wonder if that might be what is holding up some interest from other teams. Hurts and Martell are grabbing a lot of the attention, and it could be that once they decide on their destination, Kendall gets a little more attention?

Also, he’s used his RS year, so after sitting out as a transfer (unless he finagles some weird appeal) he’d only have one year left. I know that’s the same as a grad xfer, but is that optimal? It could be for some schools. Don’t know Neal Brown’s opinions on this – one of the many things we’ll be digging into.

We need another arm.  Push for starter or just an arm.  Going into the season with 2 schollie QB’s is problematic.

….m.

Doesn’t the Big XII have a transfer rule prohibiting going to another school in conference?

I could be mistaken, but I read somewhere that Kendall would be a grad transfer, eligible immediately, with two years to play at his new school.

You are correct Jeff.

Played in 2016, redshirted 2017, played in 2018. So if he earns a degree, he could play immediately and have two years left.

Interest in Kendall on WVU’s side has been increasing. We haven’t been able to confirm a visit yet, but we should definitely bump him up on the interest list.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports So….Austin Kendall….nobody interested?