Superstitions

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Superstitions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Cuyahoga Falls Eers .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

WV Dude
    Muskets: 5,760

Curious if anyone has any game day rituals they follow? I have several. Must shave the morning of the game, must sit in the same spot in my couch, etc. I still blame myself for what happened in 07. Starting in 05, every trip to Morgantown I stopped at the same gas station and got an A&W root beer, it became part of gameday. I had season tickets 05 – 08; therefore I was at nearly every home game over that span. I will give you all one guess on the game that I didn’t stop and get the dang root beer…

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

Don’t change the lanyard I use for my credential during a winning streak. (Currently my Wimbledon lanyard)

Fold up the photo vests many Big 12 schools make photogs wear so you can’t see their logos.

Ccteam
    Muskets: 68,399

I have several WV shirts. If WV wins, I stick with same shirt for game day until they lose.

Greg Hunter
    Greg Hunter
    Muskets: 6,596

I’m on such a superstition streak now. I often wear shorts to games, but not always. The only time I’ve worn long pants this season was at Iowa State, which was a blustery day in Ames. Obviously WVU lost, and my fashion choice may have been the reason. The high tomorrow for WVU’s game against TCU is supposed to be in the 30s, but I’m probably going with shorts again. Now my decision on long pants or short ones is not nearly as dramatic as in years past, when I was on the field taking photos. For the first time since we started the Blue & Gold News in 1988, I’m working from the pressbox. Obviously the climate controlled comfort during the game makes the option of wearing shorts a much easier choice then it would have been in my old days out in the elements.

Cuyahoga Falls Eers
    Muskets: 32,905

I’m on such a superstition streak now. I often wear shorts to games, but not always. The only time I’ve worn long pants this season was at Iowa State, which was a blustery day in Ames. Obviously WVU lost, and my fashion choice may have been the reason. The high tomorrow for WVU’s game against TCU is supposed to be in the 30s, but I’m probably going with shorts again. Now my decision on long pants or short ones is not nearly as dramatic as in years past, when I was on the field taking photos. For the first time since we started the Blue & Gold News in 1988, I’m working from the pressbox. Obviously the climate controlled comfort during the game makes the option of wearing shorts a much easier choice then it would have been in my old days out in the elements.

ON SATURDAY IN SECTION 105 I’LL BE WEARING MY WVU GOLD AND BLUE UNDERWEAR THAT MATCH MY WVU GOLD AND BLUE PAJAMAS THAT I WEAR TO BED EVERY NIGHT. MY SUPERSTITIONS ARE THAT I WEAR THE SAME WV CAP TO EVERY GAME, IN MOUNTAINEER FIELD AND ON MY COUCH AT HOME, AND AS MANY WV CLOTHES AS I CAN CRAM ONTO MY BODY. SINCE IT WILL BE AT OR NEAR FREEZING ON SATURDAY I PLAN TO WEAR ABOUT 7 LAYERS OF CLOTHING, ALL WITH WV ON THEM, AND ALL BLUE SINCE IT’S TRUE BLUE GAME.

SO IF MY ALMA MATER LOSES (BITE MY TONGUE), IT’S ON WILL GRIER, DANA, GIBBY AND EVERYONE ON THE FIELD AND ON THE SIDELINES. I WON’T FEEL GUILTY. BUT I DO STILL GET CHILLS AND THE HAIR RAISES UP ON THE BACK OF MY NECK WHEN I SING “COUNTRY ROADS” AFTER A WVU VICTORY. SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE. AND WON’T, EVEN AFTER I’M DEAD AND LYING IN THE DOUBLE GRAVE MARKER WITH MY WEST VIRGINIA WIFE THAT HAS “WV” UNDER BOTH OUR NAMES. WVU DOES NOT CHARGE FOR USING THE WV ON YOUR GRAVE MARKER. THAT’S THE ONE FREEBIE THEY IGNORE THE TRADEMARK PROFITS FOR. YOU EARN THAT ONE THAT HARD WAY.

NOW, LET’S SQUASH THE HORNY FROGS!!!!!

BY THE WAY KEVIN, SINCE I’VE KNOWN JANE BEFORE SHE BECAME A WVU EMPLOYEE, I COULD HAVE TOLD YOU AND THE GUYS THAT YOU WERE IN OVER YOUR HEADS IN TRYING TO OUT-GUESS HER IN PREDICTING THE OUTCOMES OF WVU GAMES. EVEN FROM LOUISVILLE SHE’S LEAVING THE REST OF THE PANEL IN HER DUST! THAT’S OUR JANE!

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14
    O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17
    U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence
    N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6
    T errific, then timid on offense against Texas Tech, 42-34
    A ntsy time for fans, vs. Kansas!, 38-22
    I ncomprehensible insanely indescribably inept offense against Iowa State, 14-30
    N ailed Baylor, 58-14
    E rectile dysfunctioned Texas on 2-point PAT, 42-41
    E viscerate TCU
    R eam Oklahoma State
    S laughter Oklahoma

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Superstitions