Teddy allen

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Teddy allen

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Papillion .

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Do you think he will play any Saturday. I hope so would hate to lose him in a transfer to another school.

Huggins indicated on his radio show last night that Teddy would NOT play tomorrow. We’ll see how Allen reacts if he remains tied to the bench.

He is deep in the dog house. WV needs a win Saturday.

Not sure what he did but it must be bad.

You think teddy will play Monday. Do you think coach gave him a two game suspension and he will get some minutes.

Think we would term it a “Did Not Play – Coach’s Decision” more than a suspension, because he is still practicing and with the team.

I expect to see Teddy get a chance to return vs. TCU Monday night. The issue was that he was not in agreement with some decisions being made on playing time, and did not express that appropriately. A significant adjustment to that was felt necessary to be reinforced by the coaches.

(BTW, discussed this more in our magazine edition this week – available here for our members.)

Kevin
    It’s been a few years since I’ve read the paper edition. I was an early subscriber and did so for years till the Internet gave way to a plethora of information, especially on your site.

WOW have things changed. Your paper coverage gives a ton of new information. And easy to access on line. Keep up the good work.

Hopefully Teddy says his Mea Culpa’s to Huggs and moves on. He’s way too much of a talent to have sitting on the bench.

We’ve all seen that Allen can score but there are any number of deficiencies in his game, not unexpected from a true frosh.

Defense – while not awful his defense needs work. Let’s say he is in for Harris, is the trade off on defense and rebounding worth the offensive production? At times yes, other times perhaps not.

Passing/Team Play – once he gets the ball he doesn’t want to give it up, he’s most likely going to get a shot up. We already have one guy in Sags that does much the same. Can you afford to have two such players thus eliminating your two best players in JC and Ahmad?

He’s a natural scorer and battles hard but it is not as though his insertion into the lineup doesn’t create other issues.

Also against long teams like Baylor and Texas his inside scoring ability is greatly diminished. It WOULD seem that he could be a valuable asset against Kansas in particular.

He’s the kind of player where matchups are likely going to dictate his effectiveness and playing time.

Great points Mex. This is the way with all true FR that are scorers in HS. They need time to adjust to the type of team play needed in a top D1 program. This is something that goes on with all players.

Teddy is a kid that can get to the rim just about any time he wants. Will that cause problems in some matchups? Absolutely. Problems on both sides. He could draw more fouls on the bigs than anybody else. He could be stuffed more and turn it over. This is a learning process for Teddy.

As far as Teddy vs Harris? If Teddy can get 3 reb in his 20 mins that would negate some of the problems. But Teddy and Harris are two completely different players. Harris doesn’t have the handle and can’t drive the paint like Teddy. Teddy can’t hit the broad side of a barn from 3.

But you’re right on the passing side. Teddy needs to learn how and when to give up the ball. This isn’t NYC street ball.

Think we would term it a “Did Not Play – Coach’s Decision” more than a suspension, because he is still practicing and with the team.

I expect to see Teddy get a chance to return vs. TCU Monday night. The issue was that he was not in agreement with some decisions being made on playing time, and did not express that appropriately. A significant adjustment to that was felt necessary to be reinforced by the coaches.

(BTW, discussed this more in our magazine edition this week – available here for our members.)

Hey Kevin, is there any other way to read the magazine online other than like a real magazine? I just subscribed after many years and it looks great but my cursor seems to stick and the page moves every time I move it. It doesn’t always stop in place when I click. Also, the zoom in doesn’t really zoom in that much. Just wondering if there’s another way. Thanks.

Kevin
    It’s been a few years since I’ve read the paper edition. I was an early subscriber and did so for years till the Internet gave way to a plethora of information, especially on your site.

WOW have things changed. Your paper coverage gives a ton of new information. And easy to access on line. Keep up the good work.

Thanks – we do our best to have fresh, original content in the paper, and we plan to keep that approach!

Hey Kevin, is there any other way to read the magazine online other than like a real magazine? I just subscribed after many years and it looks great but my cursor seems to stick and the page moves every time I move it. It doesn’t always stop in place when I click. Also, the zoom in doesn’t really zoom in that much. Just wondering if there’s another way. Thanks.

Yes, you can have a print edition mailed to you through the postal service. We will be in touch with you shortly to get this set up.

Hope has made his peace with the coach. Hope he will get some playing time Monday.  He needs to handle it whether he plays a few minutes or not at all. This is a growing and learning process for him.

Time will tell. These players are like our children. They get out of line and you send them to time out. Used to be you’d smack them with your belt. Now you’d go to jail for that type of discipline. We may not agree 100% with Huggs strategy with these kids, but in the end he’s the one that has to form a team. He won’t let one player dictate the mood of the team. The “I’ll fix it” year is long ago.

Hope has made his peace with the coach. Hope he will get some playing time Monday. He needs to handle it whether he plays a few minutes or not at all. This is a growing and learning process for him.

Thanks Kevin but I don’t need or want it mailed to me. I like the idea of having it online where ever I’m at. I was just wondering if there was some way to move the cursor without the page sticking to the cursor, if you will. I think sometimes these things might have something to do with the browser one uses. I told Greg I couldn’t open a video he had displayed while using Firefox but it worked when I switched to Chrome. I’ll try that. Thanks again.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Teddy allen