The Film Room: WVU – Oklahoma

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports The Film Room: WVU – Oklahoma

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ccteam .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

The Film Room: WVU – Oklahoma What can we learn from the film of West Virginia’s loss to Oklahoma? There wasn’t much on the defensive side, other than
    [See the full post at: The Film Room: WVU – Oklahoma]

My only question was that on Crawford’s drop of the toss near the goal line.  Did they check and make sure it was a backward pass?  I just caught a glimpse on a lowlight replay, but it looked very close to going forward and thus would have been an incomplete pass.

The lack of any competency whatsoever on defense that whole game is very disappointing.

The wildcat was a nice adaptation. Necessity is the mother of invention. I imagine TCU’s staff is combing over WV’s success with keen interest.

My only question was that on Crawford’s drop of the toss near the goal line. Did they check and make sure it was a backward pass? I just caught a glimpse on a lowlight replay, but it looked very close to going forward and thus would have been an incomplete pass.

They did, and it was definitely a lateral. It was reasonably close, but definitely backward.

The wildcat was a nice adaptation. Necessity is the mother of invention. I imagine TCU’s staff is combing over WV’s success with keen interest.

It was, but I liked the blocking adjustment even more, with Wellman on Wesco’s inside shoulder on a number of formations. They even went to a double wingback on one play.

It was, but I liked the blocking adjustment even more, with Wellman on Wesco’s inside shoulder on a number of formations. They even went to a double wingback on one play.

And it took to the 12th game to get a decent blocking scheme going?

More focus was placed on the run in game 12. Perhaps the offense would have benefitted from that run focus before it was forced upon them. That’s admittedly 20/20 hindsight, but a valid observation. Imagine a run game that dynamic with Grier at qb too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports The Film Room: WVU – Oklahoma