Travis Trickett Announced As WVU Football Offensive Assistant

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Travis Trickett Announced As WVU Football Offensive Assistant

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer Butlereer .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Travis Trickett Announced As WVU Football Offensive Assistant West Virginia University football coach Neal Brown has announced that Travis Trickett, w
    [See the full post at: Travis Trickett Announced As WVU Football Offensive Assistant]

Thought we had our 10 coaches.  Who is gone?

Found it….. Dye not on the WVU official list.

The WVU page hasn’t been updated since before Dye was confirmed. Dye’s announcement story is still up on WVU’s site, so no reason to assume he isn’t official.

The assumption at this point is that Gerberry won’t be retained, but again, that’s just a deduction based on the fact that there are 10 announced hires still up on WVU’s site

I would make that deduction also.  But who knows?  Anything can happen.  Didn’t the WV Lottery guy catch Sasquatch?

Yep.  As we speak, Gerberry came off the official site.

Pleased with the last 2 hires.  Dye and Trickett bring a lot of experience and both can recruit.  Trickett is familiar with the program.  That’s a plus.

I liked Dan Gerberry and thought he was a good coach and good recruiter, and if he had been retained, I would have been good with that. (Not that Neal Brown is calling for my opinion.)

That said, I think Travis Trickett is a good hire. Smart, energetic young coach who obviously comes from an incredibly knowledgable family coaching tree. A person can become a good coach without having had a father in the business, but it certainly doesn’t hurt to have football ingrained in you from before you can walk.

Travis wasn’t the athlete Clint was, so he didn’t play after high school, outside of a game as quarterback for WVU’s J.V. team, but just like his younger brother (and also the middle brother, Chance, who is a scout for the L.A. Rams), Travis has been groomed to be a coach since he was a kid.

I’m good with this hire.  First impressions of this staff is that there is a dollop of fire & brimstone in this staff to go along with the bonding, togetherness, and care for the troops that has been espoused. 😉

We have a number of coaches that have recruiting ties to the south.  That’s GREAT……. but we also need ties to the traditional states surrounding WV.

I’m impressed with the quality of coaches Neal has brought in.  Lots of young guys with some Coordinator or CoCoordinator experience.  Let’s just hope we can keep these guys intact for a number of years.  Let’s open our wallets to tie them up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Travis Trickett Announced As WVU Football Offensive Assistant