WATCH: Tynice Martin, a champion for life

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WATCH: Tynice Martin, a champion for life

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Greg Hunter Greg Hunter .

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hey Greg, I can’t find anything that says she’s coming back this year or they’ll have to redshirt her. Do you know if Carey has made any official statement regarding her injury keeping her out the rest of this season? What a shame for this year’s team.

Nothing official has been decided on Tynice, who for those who don’t know injured her foot in a USA Basketball tryout this summer and hasn’t played a game yet for the Mountaineers. I talked to Coach Carey about her status a couple weeks ago, and he wouldn’t say one way or the other in terms of a medical redshirt for her. But with every passing game that she does not play, the odds are greater and greater she will take the medical redshirt. I think the odds are at least 50-50 now and if WVU gets to February and she’s still not playing, those odds will go up to 95 percent chance of redshirt. Another year with Tynice, who has two years of eligibility remaining, would be nice. But with Teana Muldrow and Kristina King both being seniors, this team was built to win this year, if Martin were healthy. Unfortunately that hasn’t been the case.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WATCH: Tynice Martin, a champion for life