West Virginia Football’s Biggest Questions In 2019: No. 3 – New Defensive Scheme

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports West Virginia Football’s Biggest Questions In 2019: No. 3 – New Defensive Scheme

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ccteam .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

West Virginia Football’s Biggest Questions In 2019: No. 3 – New Defensive Scheme (Editor’s Note – In our series of stories over the next couple weeks,
    [See the full post at: West Virginia Football’s Biggest Questions In 2019: No. 3 – New Defensive Scheme]

JAL

I think they can learn the system.  Les confident they have the players to run it effectively.

I will be both surprised and disappointed if WVU is not much more fundamentally sound as well as more disciplined on both sides of the ball this year.  I expect the biggest improvement in those areas to be in the secondary and at linebacker on defense and from the offensive line on offense.  It is possible we will lack some talent but I am not convinced of that.  I did not dislike Holgerson, but I did not think his teams looked “well coached” and I thought they under performed.  But I thought he was recruiting well and I think we have more talent on hand than is being acknowledged.  I think under Brown our players will look better, will get better as individuals, and we will get better as units as well.  time will tell.

I did dislike Holgorsen because he never seemed very disciplined or detail oriented and his teams reflected it. Hopefully Brown can do more with less this year

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports West Virginia Football’s Biggest Questions In 2019: No. 3 – New Defensive Scheme