West Virginia Football’s Biggest Questions In 2019: No. 4 – Wide Receivers

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports West Virginia Football’s Biggest Questions In 2019: No. 4 – Wide Receivers

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by JAL.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

West Virginia Football’s Biggest Questions In 2019: No. 4 – Wide Receivers (Editor’s Note – In our series of stories over the next few weeks, we’re go
    [See the full post at: West Virginia Football’s Biggest Questions In 2019: No. 4 – Wide Receivers]

I think this is a smaller question than some of the others. It won’t be a strength of the team like last year, but I believe there is enough talent in the group to do well.

Hope you are right cc. Agree that this might not be a crisis.

I think Simmons and Bush have the demonstrated ability. Interesting that Esdale is now listed as a slot receiver separate from the H receiver. The young guys just don’t have any experience yet – WVU needs a couple of them to come through, but would that be anwhere close to Jennings/Sills?

WR may not be as fragile as OL, DL DB this year, but IMO this is the position we lost the most quality.  We have quality guys ready to step in but the guys we lost as a whole were mostly NFL ready.

Good point, and maybe that’s influencing my thoughts.  It won’t be fair to hold this group to the accomplishments of last year’s.  If they can just be solid and dependable, limit drops and shake free for the occasional big play, that’s good for this year.

JAL

Having Simmons is big plus.  Bush has shown ability and I am confident one or more of the young receivers will show well.  Might take them a few games to get going.  Also, they will not have Grier throwing to them.  Allsion in the bowl game did not have great success with last year’s receivers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports West Virginia Football’s Biggest Questions In 2019: No. 4 – Wide Receivers