West Virginia Picks Up Another Transfer

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports West Virginia Picks Up Another Transfer

• This topic has 7 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

The Mountaineer men’s basketball team has added another player for the 2022-23 season, as WVU coach Bob Huggins has announced the signing of Tre Mitch
    [See the full post at: West Virginia Picks Up Another Transfer]

I like it!  Very nice pickup for us.

He can be a star for Huggins

So who is leaving or going to prep school? He makes 14th. We are 1 over the 13 scholarship limit. I know Huggins usually doesn’t worry about that but I would hate to loose one of the young players we were expecting and signed…

Prep year could be good for either.

does a player have to be on scholarship to play….can a student athlete pay his own way at school and play a sport ????????

Of course. Huggs can carry two walk-ons, and previously has.

does a player have to be on scholarship to play….can a student athlete pay his own way at school and play a sport ????????

No, many walkons play many sports. It’s unusual in BB and WBB, as they have 13 and 15 schollies each year, but in most every Olympic sport, scholly numbers are far fewer, and players ge either partials or are walkons.

Same in football.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports West Virginia Picks Up Another Transfer