West Virginia Sees What Other End Of Pressure Is Like

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports West Virginia Sees What Other End Of Pressure Is Like

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by Kevin KinderKevin Kinder.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

West Virginia Sees What Other End Of Pressure Is Like MORGANTOWN,W.Va. — This time the sneaker was on the other for West Virginia and it didn’t fit s
    [See the full post at: West Virginia Sees What Other End Of Pressure Is Like]

No doubt Huggs is a good coach but we demonstrated repeatedly we COULD NOT stop the penetrating drives resulting in points for them and fouls on us. Should have zoned and mixed it with match up zone. Hard to drive against the zone. This also keeps our bigs where they are the most effective i.e. by the basket.Yes, Huggs can’t shoot free throws and he didn’t turn it over. That’s on the players. But that’s where the coaching staff comes in to try to make “chicken salad out of chicken crap”.This team is young and chemistry not there yet but we could have still reacted much quicker with their best players on the bench for a lot of the 2nd half by shutting down the drives with the zone. We tried it but too little too late. We gave this W away.

WVU did switch to a matchup zone in the 2H as you note. It also played what looked like a 1-3-1 a couple of times, although from my position on the baseline that was tougher to decipher. Fair criticism on the timing of making the move.

That said, I thought it was WVU’s inability to handle SJU’s in-your-face defense that was most important, but can’t argue your point. Allowing those drives also put Culver in foul jeopardy.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports West Virginia Sees What Other End Of Pressure Is Like