What's going on with Harris?

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports What's going on with Harris?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer Butlereer .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets: 104,775

Starting with the OKSt game he’s been a foul machine. Even 3 games before that (Pitt) he fouled out in 12 mins on the floor.

No fouls vs Baylor, but he only played 6 mins.

Something’s up here. Is he looking over his shoulder at Esa’s return?

Butlereer
    Butlereer

Played hard vs. TT for the 16 mins. 8 pts. Hit 2 big 3’s. But he picked up 4 Fouls.

Greg Hunter
    Greg Hunter
    Muskets: 6,596

Too many fouls by Wes, but other than that, I thought he was OK today.

Ccteam
    Muskets: 89,139

He may be pressing a little. Maybe feels he has to do more or lose minutes to Esa. Maybe it’s time for a Hugg’s do what you can do Speech.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

Definitely think he’s hitting the wall a little bit – the day to day grind of D1 play. Remember too that he didn’t play last year, so this has been a totally different world for him.

However, I’ll disagree with Greg on his play vs. TT. Sixteen minutes, zero rebounds. Granted, many of his contributions aren’t stat line items, but I didn’t think he moved the ball very well on offense either.

mexman
    Muskets: 40,045

Definitely think he’s hitting the wall a little bit – the day to day grind of D1 play. Remember too that he didn’t play last year, so this has been a totally different world for him.

However, I’ll disagree with Greg on his play vs. TT. Sixteen minutes, zero rebounds. Granted, many of his contributions aren’t stat line items, but I didn’t think he moved the ball very well on offense either.

Only JC and Esa were able or looking to move the ball. Sags was simply pathetic once he got the ball. If he keeps this up Huggs has to limit his touches to inside 10 feet as he was a TO machine when he got the ball outside today. Seems he fancies himself a ball handling driver all of the sudden.

West was out of sorts and Harris just isn’t good with ball outside. He just goes through a series of fakes that eats up 7-10 seconds of shot clock before Carter eventually comes to take the ball. Just grinds the offensive set to a halt.

BALL MOVEMENT – LESS DRIBBLING – MORE CUTTING – LESS STANDING AROUND

Butlereer
    Butlereer

Sags hit a few 17ft shots the last couple games and Huggs told him he’ll get more looks. Seems like that went straight to his head and he all of a sudden changed his style of play.

BALL MOVEMENT – LESS DRIBBLING – MORE CUTTING – LESS STANDING AROUND
    Mex, this sounds like a Beilein game plan.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports What's going on with Harris?