Who Did It Better?

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Who Did It Better?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Allen .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

BTW, I was there in person for both, and photo’ed both. Anyone else on the scene for both of them?

Mathews’ was more shocking.

Joe’s was old hat by that time.

I sat there with my mouth wide open for a good minute last night. His explosion and speed was incredible and powering through a great shot blocker was impressive.

Still enjoy watching that Alexander dunk though.

Agreed. At the time, I almost thought that Joe hesitated a little bit so he could dunk on the defender.

WVU Basketball Emmitt MatthewsWVU Basketball Emmitt Matthews Front

I was there in the garden for Alexander and the place went bonkers.  UCan’t chants followed.  Difference is we knew Joe could unleash the fury, that Emmitt move was nasty and surprising.

"Confidence is a lot of this game or any game. If you don't think you can, you won't. "

- Jerry West

I was there for neither, but watched both.  I’m giving it to Emmitt by a nose – the nose that he got whacked by in the picture.  Then he converted the old fashioned 3 point play.

Saw both on tv, and Alexander’s had me more fired up at the time. However after watching the replays I think Matthews’ dunk was more impressive because he drove the ball nearly the length of the court.

Definitely fun comparing the two!

Definitely fun comparing the two!

I was there for neither, but watched both. I’m giving it to Emmitt by a nose – the nose that he got whacked by in the picture. Then he converted the old fashioned 3 point play.

Gotta go with this.

QUALITY photography, nonetheless!

Matthews got the steal and did it all on his own. Plus the emergence of fight in him was startling. I give a slight edge to Matthews.

Joe’s was more deliberate, he baited the UConn player.  Matthews was more fluid.

Matthews went coast to coast with the ball on his own. Showing his speed as well as the dunk. Both are impressive. But like Ccteam said, give the edge to Matthews.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Who Did It Better?