Who On Friday?

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Who On Friday?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder Kevin Kinder .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Routt and Gordon Wednesday. Matthews tonight. Who tomorrow? Huggs has them playing like a Huggs team. Rebounding, defense, hustle and toughness. His best teams had multiple players step up on any given night. Who tomorrow?

Gotta be Culver–he’s due!

And yes, West Virginia DOES have a basketball team!!!

Man, the last couple of nights it’s sure been FUN to watch them again!

Culver will be the target of any opponent.  He’ll be double teamed all night long.  McCabe will need to step up again.  He’s due for a good shooting % game.  But …..  I look for West to heat up.

Matthews was just so good tonight. It wasn’t the case of him just getting hot. He capitalized on the double teams on Culver, made sharp cuts and got to open areas. He rebounded. He competed on defense. He grew up.

Kansas has speed at thevguard position. McCabe will struggle on defense. Maybe a good game to throw Sags in just for rim protection as Dotson and others likely to get to the rim on us. That said we’ve always played KU tough and don’t expect anything different tomorrow.

Im guessing this group is feeding off their success and won’t have a letdown.

I don’t see Mathews performance today as a one off but rather a foreshadowing of things to come – kid is legit plain and simple.

Also think Gordon and Route Can give us good minutes inside against KU bigs.

Another nailbiter I’m guessing.

Kansas has speed at thevguard position. McCabe will struggle on defense. Maybe a good game to throw Sags in just for rim protection as Dotson and others likely to get to the rim on us. That said we’ve always played KU tough and don’t expect anything different tomorrow. Im guessing this group is feeding off their success and won’t have a letdown.

I don’t see Mathews performance today as a one off but rather a foreshadowing of things to come – kid is legit plain and simple. Also think Gordon and Route Can give us good minutes inside against KU bigs. Another nailbiter I’m guessing.

Nailbiter?  Who’s got any nails left?  Hell, I’ll have to chew off the ends of my fingers now.  🙂

I don’t expect Sags to play at all. Publicly the stance is “gametime decision” but when he’s warming up without a brace, and when multiple sources tell us out here in KC that he’s not going to play, that pretty much points to a WVU false flag.

Two possible reasons:

1) Perhaps make Texas Tech consider the possibility, but it wouldn’t have altered their defensive game plan much IMO.

2) Red herring for the media, so that there would be less attention paid to the team that is on the court, and perhaps lessening pressure.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Who On Friday?