Who stays for their Covid extra year?

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Who stays for their Covid extra year?

• This topic has 29 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Who opts out to try to fulfill their dreams in the NFL Draft next year?  This list is for the SR’s that have an extra year left because of Covid that could opt out for the NFL Draft.  Guys leaving via Portal not included in this conversation.

QB — Doege has already stated he will be back.

RB — Leddie Brown indicating he will leave

WR — Esdale Ryan?  IMO both should stay 

OL — Hughes? Should stay

DL — Alston?  Stills? (follow his brother’s footsteps and leaves?) I could see both leaving

LB — Loe?  Chandler-Semedo?  This room is still very thin.  Do either have the size to play LB at the next level?  I could see Josh leaving .  IMO Exree should be back

Ban — Cowan? Lots of injuries in his career, IMO he needs to stay to prove himself

CB — Woods, Matthews  Matthews has an outside shot but should stay, Woods, even though he has better size, should stay

Missing anybody?  This is the RJR-Covid and JR-Covid list from the BGN tab.

If we are being brutally honest, then here goes. No doubt Leddie plans to leave. We can only hope he plays in our bowl game. Cowan seems to have issues other than football, based on things HCNB said, and it would appear his time here is done. Everybody else on this list could drastically help themselves by coming back and should. Doesn’t mean they will, but they certainly should. After last year, and watching Darius not even get drafted, that should be a wake up call for players. The size, strength, height, weight and all those measurable definitely matter to those NFL guys. Even if you dominate at this level, doesn’t mean you are a lock to get a real shot. Just being really really good at this level….means even less than that. Only thing for certain….Lord willing….you will be back and so will I.

Some have their degree in a field that that can get a job and start making money. Those are 50/50 on coming back in my opinion. Those that have a chance at the NFL should come back if another year of development would improve their draft status.

Where did Doege state that he will be back?

Cowan is gone. he will not have the option to come back.

It was implied by a sideline reporter that he would likely be back and then assumed to be a fact that Doege stated it.

Thanks, V. Sideline reporters have about as much knowledge of what is going on in a program as I do of Bulgarian politics.

Butler, where did you see/hear that Doege will be back?

The last time he was asked publicly, he said he would talk with HCNB after the season to discuss it.

Brown and Chander-Semedo have both reported they are leaving.

It was reported during the Texas game by the ESPN on-the air announcers that Jarrett told their sideline correspondent that he would be coming back. He then backtracked on that during the post-game media interviews.

Everybody else (but Cowan) is TBD.

Sorry Jeff, but I have to push back on that slightly.  There are articles out there saying as much, but this is the quote:

“Taylor, Jarret Doege chose not to walk today on Senior Day. Why?”

“He told me he has a lot of unfinished business, pointed out specifically his relationship with [wide receiver] Bryce Ford-Wheaton. He feels like they are just getting started and they’ve grown so much on and off the field together. He said ‘We’re so excited about what we could potentially do next season’”

That’s an implication only, not him saying he *would* be back.

I think he’ll return, but there is no confirmation, and multiple sites are reporting he said he would return, which is not correct.  Words matter.

Cowen is a loss … but not critical. Off field problems??

They didn’t just imply it.

They said on TV during the Texas game that Doege said he was coming back.

I’ve seen no published quote from him. But that’s what they said

You are both correct, I found the additional quotes beyond what I first posted.  Can’t seem to edit my post at this point.

I think Doege should declare for the draft.

Brown and Chander-Semedo have both reported they are leaving.

It was reported during the Texas game by the ESPN on-the air announcers that Jarrett told their sideline correspondent that he would be coming back. He then backtracked on that during the post-game media interviews.

Everybody else (but Cowan) is TBD.

Kevin,  This ^^^^^

Rattler hit the transfer portal. Would anyone have a beef if we got him

I think Doege should declare for the draft.

With his limitations he is still our best bet at least for the time being until Greene or Crowder emerge.  Another option is the Portal.  Rattler anyone?

I’m still in the camp that the biggest problem with our O is the game plan and play calling.  Stay within Jarrett’s capabilities and we do much better.  That and development of the OL.  Another coaching problem.

“catfish
    I think Doege should declare for the draft.”

Did they reinstate it?

Are women eligible?

😏

Rattler is prolly looking for a program with a great set of receivers.  Check…..  Good running game to offset his arm.  Mathis and 4* FR with an incoming 4* Portal.  Check…..   And an OL that can block.  Ours is coming along with this very young and talented OL. Almost a full Check.   ….  And an OC that puts together a great game plan that utilizes his strengths and stays away from his weaknesses.  Um ….  OK, you got me there.

I think they had you at the Oline too lol.  That’s a partial check.

But I am curious,  with his struggles, does he go to a major contender or are we in play?  I’d think we have a punchers chance

What major contender wants a Heisman front runner that was relegated to 2nd string?

I’m agreeing, but the raw talent is there.   I think confidence was his issue.

Michigan

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Who stays for their Covid extra year?