Who's next?

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Who's next?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Arkeer .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

There’s an old saying, “The greatest hate springs from the
    greatest love”!
    How great we thought these recruits were going to
    be! Until they didn’t measure up to expectations!
    Other than disappointment at their expected failures
    on the court, exactly what is the reason for the hate!?
    The absence of any concrete reason given for the
    dismissals just adds to the imaginations of the public
    and fuels the hate mongers rage!
    Who dismissed them? Huggins, Lyons, Gee?
    It’s a really sad situation!
    And as the hate group regales, their motto of “A
    few mote must go” lingers on !
    On what foundation!?

My guess is Huggs turned them in and the AD / President dismissed them. Failing a drug would be grounds for dismissal. I pray it wasn’t some type of gambling issue now that gambling is legal. But these 2 have been in trouble many times. I would say they worn out their welcome. This is just my opinion on the issue.

A rotten apple spoils the barrel.

Negative people as those who don’t do their fair share of the work, who are chronically unhappy and emotionally unstable, or who bully or attack others. A single toxic or negative team member can be the catalyst for downward spirals

There are so many things to point out causing blame for this losing season.  The winning attitude clearly dipped with Carter and Miles graduating, but got even worse when Konate and Beetle got banged up.  Dismissing the upperclassmen makes sense since they were the the keys to passing the winning torch along, and dropped it in a lake.

If things stay the same from this point on, we have an opportunity to see a developing Culver and highly touted Tschiebwe dominate for years to come.  The question becomes who will bring the intelligence and “hustle beats skill” attitude this team most desperately needs?

Players like the Holton, Adrian, Philip, and others brought a tenacious attitude.  Will be looking for other caliber type players to fill in the key spots for winning.

"Confidence is a lot of this game or any game. If you don't think you can, you won't. "

- Jerry West

Generalities and platitudes are really great sound bites
    for the followers! But give specific examples of the
    many times these guys were in trouble or whatever
    Other accusations you attribute the “rotten apples”!

Esa suspended last year for some unknown reason. Did he fail a drug test? Nobody knows. As far as bad apple what has he done in games. If things don’t go his way he becomes lazy and goes through the motions.

Harris multiple issues with anger. Beat a guy after he was drinking and driving. Still in process for a court hearing. Punching a fan after a Texas Tech game. Several Technical fouls for dirty play and back talking officials.

Rotten apples.

Generalities and platitudes are really great sound bites for the followers! But give specific examples of the many times these guys were in trouble or whatever Other accusations you attribute the “rotten apples”!

Other than the specifics given above, the eye test tells you a lot.  If Harris chip on his shoulder was directed correctly it could be a positive, but it didn’t seem to be contained.  Esa’s sloppy play even when he was scoring in bunches hurt the team badly.  How can you get hit in the face with a pass?  Dribble off your foot so many times? Keep shooting from 3 at 22%?  Fumble so many entry passes?

Thanx for giving your reasons for thr dismissals !

I know I’m over simplistic with what I’m about to say, but as I see it we pay Huggs in 7 figures and Lyon in 6 figures to know how to correctly manage these sorts of issues.  And in Hugg’s case, he’s being doing this since Christ was a corporal.  All of that said, these two are gone and as far as I’m concerned that’s the end of it.  We aren’t going to get anywhere nitpicking it or looking in the rearview mirror.  Let’s look out the windshield and move forward.

Mary Jane is a fickled mistress.

IMHO ….the cuts need to go deeper

If that’s why, just how stupid and selfish can Ahmad be?!

“Hate” was a generality used in this lead post. A little strong don’t you think?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Who's next?