WVU Athletic Communications And Marketing Recognized

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU Athletic Communications And Marketing Recognized

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer Butlereer .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Greg Hunter
    Greg Hunter
    Muskets:

The West Virginia University Athletic Communications Office was honored this summer in Washington, D.C., at the 2018 College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) Workshop, capturing 11 awards for Excellence in Publications and Digital Design, including five best in the nation awards. The 11 publications and digital design awards WVU received from CoSIDA rank as the second-most earned among Division I schools.

Earning best in the nation awards were the 2017-18 men’s basketball guide for best cover, the 2017-18 women’s basketball poster, the 2018 gymnastics guide, the 2017 women’s soccer guide and the 2017 game day football program for best cover.

The 2017-18 women’s basketball guide won second in the nation in the women’s basketball guides category. Finishing third in the nation were the 2017-18 men’s basketball poster in the basketball posters group, the 2017 football game day program in the programs category and the 2018 gymnastics poster in the winter/spring posters group.

The 2017-18 men’s basketball guide won fourth in the nation in the men’s basketball guides category, and the 2017 men’s soccer poster won eighth in the nation in the fall posters group.

For WVU Athletic Marketing, the WVU women’s basketball “I Belong” Day promotion last winter took gold honors from the National Association of Collegiate Marketing Administrators (NACMA) for Best Event Attendance Promotion. The “Best Of” awards ceremony was also held in Washington, D.C. In collaboration with the WVU Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, “I Belong” Day was a celebration of diversity and inclusion, which brought out more than 40 community and student organizations to participate in a pregame fair on the concourse. “I Belong” Day saw a 65% increase in single game attendance above the overall 2017-18 average attendance.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets:

Putting the time, effort and money into marketing all of the sports programs will pay off not only for the programs, but the university as a whole. Beefing up the Marketing and SID departments with talented people is a huge positive. Kids react to this type of exposure. This gets the attention of the recruits and general student population. Winning these awards should be a promotion in itself for the whole university.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU Athletic Communications And Marketing Recognized