WVU coundn't stop Trae Young

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU coundn't stop Trae Young

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated by NoPittyHere.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Young scored his average 29 pts. WVU couldn’t stop him. …… That is if you only look at his scoring. Granted, he is the most prolific scoring machine this year. But…….. We did stop him. Take a look at the rest of the stats line. He averages over 10 asst / gm .. We held him to 5. He had 8 …. EIGHT….. turnovers. WOW…. EIGHT. Furthermore he is a 40%+ 3pt shooter. He was held to 3-12. By my calculation that’s 25%. NOT very good. and 8-22 from the field . Pretty pathetic. Huggs would bench players for jacking up that much. But he did make 10-13 from the ft line.

If you really know BB and look past the score line you could see that we did stop him. We stopped him from being the TEAM leader on the floor. We took him out of his game. Took him out of being the assist leader.

You’re spot on. While TY is is undoubtedly his team’s Greek fire, he’s at the same time its achille’s heel. Contain him, and he’s the key to defeating them. I expect the same strategy in Norman–and possibly again in the Big 12 tournament.

That said, one player stood alone in this task–and I don’t need to mention last year’s national defensive player of the year here…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU coundn't stop Trae Young