WVU Drops Opener Against Maryland

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU Drops Opener Against Maryland

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated by Rangerabell.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

COLLEGE PARK, Md. – Four Mountaineer turnovers doomed their chance of a road win at Maryland in the 2021 season opener, as WVU fell to the Terps 30-24
    [See the full post at: WVU Drops Opener Against Maryland]

Greg,  Deogie is just not a starting college QB. He is very average and if under pressure, far below average.  He has no mobility and seldom makes broken plays successful. I’m sure he put in the work during the off-season,  but he doesn’t have the intangibles to carry us on his shoulders.  It’s scary that apparently he is better and gives us a better chance to win than Garrett Greene????

Now our QB is a college QB but maybe at West Liberty, William and Mary maybe Richmond

Let me clarify, he isn’t a power 5 or even DIV I as we used to say. There is a reason he wasn’t recruited by anyone of any statute and was at Bowling Green

All above is true. While Doege had his share of mistakes and bone headed throws, he-had help. Dropped passes, line break downs, mental mistakes, and running back shortage certainly helped. We did see a pretty impressive defensive effort at line and linebacker.

Lot of work to do but truth is I think it will improve. Im curious as to why the QB’s who are in waiting aren’t getting reps. Are they that bad or? I dont have a clue but seems that if this QB isnt getting the team where they need to be it makes sense to pull him. Mobility was terrible. Throwing into double coverage and just a lethargic performance had me scratching my head. But, we arent making the tough calls that the Coach is. Perhaps he has a plan. Still think this team will be ok. Another couple running backs wouldn’t hurt either.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU Drops Opener Against Maryland