WVU Gets Oscar

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU Gets Oscar

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer Butlereer .

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

Oscar Tshiebwe commits to WVU.

See? Nothing to worry about.  😉

major11
    Muskets: 5,905

Great!! Huggs does it again.

NoPittyHere
    Muskets: 22,370

“More with less” is a FACT. Imagine what he will actually do with more??? What if this were to be a trend?

Methinks there are more than a few coaches out there that the mere thought of this would keep them awake at night–not to mention more than a few college basketball “analysts” that would absolutely poop in their pants. (Dookie V being the first to come to mind, even though he’s probably been a Depends customer for a decade or more).

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets: 82,060

Now to sign a Wing. A JC Wing to even out the classes next year. Right now Gordon will be our only player in that class.

Butlereer
    Butlereer

I haven’t seen anything on this, but is Oscar fully qualified? Grades? Scores? Every time players switch schools, there seems to be a snag somewhere.

Ccteam
    Muskets: 68,349

Maybe the Adidas scandal impact is leveling the recruiting field a little. Sounds like Oscar came due to unique connections, but we can hope.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder

I haven’t seen anything on this, but is Oscar fully qualified? Grades? Scores? Every time players switch schools, there seems to be a snag somewhere.

Last time I asked about this, there were no concerns. Granted, the hay is not in the barn until the final NCAA approval, but I have heard of no issues on this front.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder

Maybe the Adidas scandal impact is leveling the recruiting field a little. Sounds like Oscar came due to unique connections, but we can hope.

We asked Huggs about this in Greg’s interview with him that will be in our next glossy magazine. The “name” schools are still going to be up high on many people’s radar, even if payments do get shorted out in the near future. People are still gonna cheat, though.

WVU can get high profile guys (Oscar, Esa, Devin Ebanks, etc.) but things aren’t so great if you target a guy for two years and then he goes elsewhere. That happens, and its not a reason not to do it, but without question WVU put a ton of resources into recruiting these players.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder

Now to sign a Wing. A JC Wing to even out the classes next year. Right now Gordon will be our only player in that class.

WVU is definitely in on Atticus Taylor, who is under the radar. Very athletic and skilled. Talked to his juco coach, and he thinks he is a good fit for Huggs. Plus a bonus, he’s a three for three guy.

Butlereer
    Butlereer

from Verbal Commits

Virginia Tech has offered 2019 Atticus Taylor 67 Wing of Southwest Mississippi.Taylor will have three years to play.

http://verbalcommits.com/players/atticus-taylor

Look at the offers for WVU and VT. Does Buzzzzzz follow Huggs around offering the same kids only to hope to puck up the ones when we move on?

Jeff Cobb
    Jeff Cobb
    Muskets: 3,970

FREE recruiting Tuesday!

WVU has already filled it’s allotment of scholarships with Miles McBride & Big O. They will be accommodated on the roster by Esa Ahmad (graduated) and Sags (early exit to NBA). WVU will need to lose a player through attrition to sign a wing.

Right now it’s Atticus Taylor and Kenyon Martin Jr. Also Kobe Brown and Lester Quinones, but lesser of a chance with those guys.

Butlereer
    Butlereer

Jeff, Now that we landed OT, have we moved away from Chol? or has he moved on from us?

Would love to get Taylor as a 3 for 3 Wing. We need a wing in this class.

Is Martin strictly a PF or can he play wing?

Brown looks like an interesting player but should be an LSU lock.

Would be pass on Quinones as a SG? Hard to pass up a high 4* SG with size that can shoot the 3. Our 2G’s are pretty well set with Doomes and McBride. But who knows what Huggs will do.

We have our 2 slots for next year filled, but there is room ……. there’s always room.

Jeff Cobb
    Jeff Cobb
    Muskets: 3,970

Jeff, Now that we landed OT, have we moved away from Chol? or has he moved on from us?

Would love to get Taylor as a 3 for 3 Wing. We need a wing in this class.

Is Martin strictly a PF or can he play wing?

Brown looks like an interesting player but should be an LSU lock.

Would be pass on Quinones as a SG? Hard to pass up a high 4* SG with size that can shoot the 3. Our 2G’s are pretty well set with Doomes and McBride. But who knows what Huggs will do.

We have our 2 slots for next year filled, but there is room ……. there’s always room.

Ok, i’ll answer but then we have to move this to the Silver Lot. LOL

Kobe Brown is probably a Missouri Tiger, maybe LSU. Erik Martin was in for a visit about a month ago but that didn’t seem to make much of a ripple. I can’t prove this, but I believe Jalen Bridges outplayed him on the Adidas Gauntlet playing against the same teams. Maybe the coaches saw that and lost a little interest?

Quinones, I’m not sure. He has 30+ offers and is not close to deciding yet. He has not visited so until he does, he will not be a Mountaineer.

Butlereer
    Butlereer

These tidbits make it more tempting to open the vault for the Silver Lot.

I think if we get Taylor we shut it down for this year. Of course, I’m not sitting next to Huggs getting info.

More interested in what’s happening in 2020. We are in with some great 4* and 5* players. We may be on top of 5 or 6 guys that could challenge for starting time almost immediately.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU Gets Oscar