WVU Gets Utah In Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU Gets Utah In Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by TBONE TBONE .

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

WVU Gets Utah In Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl West Virginia’s football team will be in familiar territory when it heads to Dallas in late December for
    [See the full post at: WVU Gets Utah In Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl]

Sort of disrespectful to get shuffled to the Big 12’s lowest rated game.

Agree

Only Texas Tech got a worse bowl than us

Is it mandatory?
    How much wil it cost the school?

WV could complain that KSt was given the nod over them, or ISU. But given their qb injury and the likelihood that both the Wildcats and Cyclones will have a bigger fan base at the games, it’s not much of an argument. In fact, I’m kind of surprised that the Zaxby Bowl didn’t pass them over for the Texas Tech fan base. You can wear rose colored glasses if you want, but it is what it is.

Is it mandatory?
    How much wil it cost the school?

There is no way anyone will turn down a bowl bid. The costs are more than covered bu WVU’s payout from the league that it receives each year.

Agree

in terms of pecking order, yes.

In terms of bowl ops, I’ll reserve judgment until after the game. The Cactus Bowl, for instance, had an epic media hospitality room and hotel. But the game ops, including pretty much locking us in after the game was over and providing no bus ride back to the hotel after the game, was shaky at best.

Biggest hope is that the bowl has some good activities for the players in Dallas.

ONly bad thing about this bowl game is the date. Dec 26 means Christmas away from home for fans going to the game.

Actually, for the players, I think going to Dallas ought to be fun. Agree about the date though, day after Christmas. The match-up with Utah is kind of interesting. I’m still mad at them for kicking our butts in the Liberty Bowl in 1964. (yeah, I’m old enough to remember that).

I’m still mad at them for kicking our butts in the Liberty Bowl in 1964. (yeah, I’m old enough to remember that).

Hence your avitar and name.

Seems like Lyons thinks it’s a plus so I will lean with him.

I had heard that the players did I not want to go to Memphis.

Agree

In terms of bowl ops, I’ll reserve judgment until after the game. The Cactus Bowl, for instance, had an epic media hospitality room and hotel. But the game ops, including pretty much locking us in after the game was over and providing no bus ride back to the hotel after the game, was shaky at best.

Biggest hope is that the bowl has some good activities for the players in Dallas.

I had not thought of that.

I trust that this will be a better experience than the Cactus Bowl.

Agree

T

It’s interesting that evaluation of the bowl is viewed in relation
    to how the media is treated!
    The good thing (maybe) about the game will be
    that we have the the opportunity to see
    coaching strategies at work between two pretty
    even teams.

Not overly excited about this bowl. I won’t attend it but I will watch and cheer. Or curse.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU Gets Utah In Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl