WVU in early 2018 FB Polls

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU in early 2018 FB Polls

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by Kevin Kinder.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Looks like ESPiN is giving us early KUDO’s. Ranked us as #10 in their early FB poll. OU #4.
    With Grier and Sills coming back we are automatically in the hunt for the B12 title.

My opinion, WVU will have the offensive skill to play with anyone. Offensive line has to improve from this year, but watching the national championship from last night, WVU needs to get a ton better defensively to compete at the highest level. The talent level on those defensive lines was unreal, and the linebackers and DBs were incredible as well.

With the players we have coming back on D and the experience, we should be much better. Hopefully we can get some of the new DL guys up to speed quickly. We need that 1 extra pass rusher. CB has the numbers, but talent is questionable.

Offensive line and corner are the needed upgrades. Another year of experience and the addition of Stills should shore up the defensive line.
    The offensive line needs an infusion of better talent in my opinion, along with corner. Perhaps the jc’s will help but precedent says that help comes in year 2, not year one in most cases.

Agreed with OL and CB. We have numbers at CB, but talent????? OL we are woefully thin with numbers. We should have at least 5 more schollies on the OL. Big time programs all have many more OL schollies than we do. We are a little better than the RR years, but not much. We just don’t have enough players on the OL to give them time to develop before throwing them into the 2D

I hear you about Stills, but he is only 1 player. We need more numbers along with upgrades.

Looks like ESPiN is giving us early KUDO’s. Ranked us as #10 in their early FB poll. OU #4.
    With Grier and Sills coming back we are automatically in the hunt for the B12 title.

Premature speculation… 😏

Go Mountaineers!

There is reason for optimism, but I’d disagree with that last until WVU shows much better play on the offensive line, and improved coverage in the defensive secondary. I am not trying to be negative here, just providing honest assessments at this point.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU in early 2018 FB Polls