WVU Looking At Juco Guard For Help

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU Looking At Juco Guard For Help

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  TonyAlto .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

WVU Looking At Juco Guard For Help As head coach Bob Huggins looks to “fix” his broken Mountaineer men’s basketball team, he’s leaving no stone unturn
    [See the full post at: WVU Looking At Juco Guard For Help]

Greg, are you skeptical about this kid?  Looks like a taller version of Jordan McCabe but can shoot the ball.  But, the competition has me a little worried.  He may not be able to get a shot off in the Big 12.     Never heard of Sinclair CC.  Probably a Div II JC.  Virginia, getting involved is a good sign.  Maybe he is the real deal.  Averaged 17 ppg in high school and 30 ppg now.  The competition in high school may have been better than this level of JC ball.   Recruiting is a risk at times. Maybe if they get him he will turn out to be a real find.  Then again!!!!!!

I more interested in talent than the competition. The looks to be intelligent basketball wise and can shoot. Foot speed is good. It’s worth a risk on the kid. But he is just looking not offering.

Intelligence, attitude, and hustle.  Need a strong basketball IQ and tenacious work ethic to turn this thing around.

I am familiar with Sinclair CC. A friend of mine coached a CC that played them and I probably saw about 12 games of that league. This is not at the level of some of the better JC teams. Some kids did not even make their high school team. I don’t remember ever seeing someone who could play at a Power 5 school. That said: if he can shoot and get off a shot – take him

If McCabe were 4 inches taller he would be a completely different player.

Is this kid our top priority at this point?  There are lots of JC’s out there that haven’t landed a spot yet.

here’s a link again.

https://www.jucorecruiting.com/2019-juco-basketball-top-100-rankings

May not be updated, but there are guys still out there.

It seems like in past years JC players dont really help that much until the second year.

Tom – I’ve seen film on McNeil and he can definitely shoot, and he can also put the ball on the floor and create his own shot, which is nice as well. Hard to tell from highlight clips about the level of competition he’s facing, but normally the top junior college basketball programs are in Texas and Florida. I haven’t heard of much high end talent coming from Ohio jucos, but that doesn’t mean one can’t slip in occasionally. I’ll leave the talent evaluation to Huggs, but there isn’t much doubt WVU could use some offense, where ever it comes from. McNeil can certainly score at the level he’s at now, but WVU’s coaches will have to determine if he can do those same things in the Big 12.

Dayton is close to KENTUCKY. Calipari must be all over
    this kid!

Dayton is close to KENTUCKY. Calipari must be all over
    this kid!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU Looking At Juco Guard For Help