WVU Men Garner 28 Points In AP Poll

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU Men Garner 28 Points In AP Poll

• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by Kevin KinderKevin Kinder.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

The Mountaineers (7-0)  stand 32nd in the AP poll with 28 points in the Dec. 2 poll.

Eight voters included the Mountaineers on their ballots:

20th: Jordan Hansen

21st: Chris Murray, Ken Weinman

23rd: Doug Doughty, John Feinstein, Tom Bragg

24th: Rick Bozich

25th: Craig Meyer

The Mountaineers did not appear on the remaining 56 ballots.

It’ll be a slow slog but like has been said many times on here…’just win baby’…and good things will come.

Agreed. I thought WVU might get a few more points. Huggs indicated, or maybe he was doing a bit of lobbying, that he thought WVU might be in after the Cancun Challenge win. Another neutral court win against SJU would help.

While he downplayed the Top 25 thing after the Rhode Island game, I do agree with the position he has taken in the past about wanting to be in the Top 25. There is much more visibility there, your team name is on the TV crawl during games, your scores are highlighted, etc.

This season for Huggins and the Mountaineers has the potential to be one of the biggest turnaround stories in college basketball.The coaches and players deserve it for their perseverance and hard work in the off season.

Need a win at the Garden

Have to admit I miss playing in the BE Tournament there. I was never an NYC fan, but going to that event changed my outlook on that. It’s cool to be able to go back there on occasion, even though there’s not the week-long buildup. Friday night, the two seminfinals, man that was something

NYC has its own special appeal, but bring money when you go. 🙂

Oh yeah. Other than San Francisco, the most expensive place to travel. This’ll be a quick budget trip – hope to sneak in, grab the win and hop on the train outta town.

StJohn’s with a W over StPeter’s by 10.. Up 20 under 8 min in the 1st half. Up 15 at half and 20 at the 4:56 mark then scored only 6 pts the rest of the game. Won by 10 but the end of the game was ugly even with the subs in. St Peter’s wasn’t a very good team.

On the other hand, #6 tOSU looked very good in their 74-49 clown stomp over #7 UNC.

Got to see about half of their game against Columbia. They have a couple of solid wings who can drive it and score on the move. Playing in MSG can be a little overwhleming, not so much because of the fans or noise. It jsut as a stage like feel that puts you really under the spotlight. WVU can definitely win this game, but it won’t be a walkover I don’t think.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU Men Garner 28 Points In AP Poll