WVU vs Pit

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU vs Pit

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated by Kevin KinderKevin Kinder.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

How much of an advantage is Pitts 3 games and WVU only playing 1 going into Friday? WVU has also had a week off.

My thought is that it probably helps this time of year to have more games under your belt. I don’t think players would be tired yet. Later in the season, WVU may have the advantage with the week off, but at this point, I give Pitt the advantage of having played more games. Besides the Panthers haven’t really had to travel, playing twice at home and once at Robert Morris, which is 30 minutes from their campus.

Good question and good reply.

Another question: How much will the absence of an annual home and home affect play on the court (intensity, focus)? I mean, for a lot of folks, this rivalry isn’t soon forgotten, but how much of a true home court advantage is it really? Especially this early in the season?

OK–so that’s three questions…

It’s Pitt.  So the extra games shouldn’t mean anything.  3rd game of the H-H series.  We’ve won the first two.  These guys will be up for it.  We are more talented and deeper.

Huggs said today that WVU’s two preseason scrimmage, Duquesne and Penn State, were more like games, and that he didn’t think it would be a big advantage. He oted getting 9000+ in for the Duquesne exhibition helped in getting used to playing in front of a crowd. The Wukes also gave WVU a good push, IMO.

Pitt has a pretty good home court advantage when it’s full. Two year ago, it was WVU north, and even the Oakland Zoo didn’t have a big effect.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU vs Pit