WVU’s Brown Describes Offensive Style As “Get It Done”

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU’s Brown Describes Offensive Style As “Get It Done”

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer Butlereer .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

WVU’s Brown Describes Offensive Style As “Get It Done” MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — Slap a label on it, categorize it, and file it away. That’s the procedure
    [See the full post at: WVU’s Brown Describes Offensive Style As “Get It Done”]

Simplicity is elegance.  I like the concept – “get it done”.  To me, that’s sound coaching to do what is needed to maximize your players abilities with the metric being execution resulting in success.  If you need to run the ball, be able to run it.  If you need to pass the ball, be able to pass it.  Simplicity.

I liked his emphasis on being physical.  The game has changed a lot since I was young (no longer running the single-wing, for example), but still one of the three keys to success is to run the ball effectively.  We ran the ball effectively at times last season, but we were not consistent.  We need a new mindset; our offensive line’s goal in every game should be to dominate, to impose its will on the defense, and gradually wear the opponent down so that at some point in the second half, the defense is hanging its collective head.  I once heard a former NFL offensive lineman say that for him the fun of being an offensive lineman is beating down the opposing lineman so that eventually he gives up and you dominate him. I’d like to see that mindset for our offensive linemen.  Get mean.

Same goes for the DL Oldguy.  Take a look at what the Clemson DL did to Bama.  They simply DESTROYED them.  4 man rush put so much pressure on the best QB in the country that he had to scramble every play.  Second half they just OWNED the Bama OL and Tua didn’t have time to lick his wounds.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU’s Brown Describes Offensive Style As “Get It Done”