WVU’s Rod Thorn Receives Number Retirement Honor

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU’s Rod Thorn Receives Number Retirement Honor

• This topic has 5 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated by Kevin KinderKevin Kinder.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

WVU’s Rod Thorn Receives Number Retirement Honor West Virginia University will retire the playing number of all-time basketball great Rod Thorn, Direc
    [See the full post at: WVU’s Rod Thorn Receives Number Retirement Honor]

About time this happened. Congrats to another great player and representative of WVU in the NBA. Player, Coach, Team Executive, NBA front office Executive.

“About time this happened. Congrats to another great player and representative of WVU in the NBA. Player, Coach, Team Executive, NBA front office Executive”

100% AGREE!!!

Agreed. About time. Rod Thorn is right up there in that rarified atmosphere with West and Hundley. I am very gratified and proud that WVU Athletics took this much needed action.

Wonder if Fritz Williams will ever be considered?

I was at the game Thorn got hit in the head. I believe if you check it out, you will find he got hit almost point blank by a throw from our catcher who was backing up Thorn at first. Many of those there feared he might have been killed. It was an ugly incident.

Wonder if Fritz Williams will ever be considered?

He doesn’t qualify under WVU’s criteria. To be considered, a player must have acheived all five of the following:

Athlete must have earned an undergraduate degree from WVU
    Athlete must be a member of the Legends Society
    Athlete must elected to WVU Sports Hall of Fame
    Athlete must be elected to a national collegiate or professional Hall of Fame for his/her sport
    Athlete must have brought prominence to WVU and his/her sport as a member of an Olympic or international team or in the professional ranks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU’s Rod Thorn Receives Number Retirement Honor