WVU’s Sean McNeil A Hidden Find In Quest For Perimeter Shooting

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU’s Sean McNeil A Hidden Find In Quest For Perimeter Shooting

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated by Kevin KinderKevin Kinder.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

WVU’s Sean McNeil A Hidden Find In Quest For Perimeter Shooting MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — When West Virginia’s men’s basketball team was planning for a sea
    [See the full post at: WVU’s Sean McNeil A Hidden Find In Quest For Perimeter Shooting]

Not to be picky but Paul Harvey might want the “rest of the story” for the game! After the first 3 hits he missed the next 4!? Just hate half truths!

But he is a Matt Damon clone!?

I don’t agree that the story as presented was a half-truth at all.  I would take 3-7 from three all the time. Such a percentage would have put you 19th nationally in 3-point shooting percentage a year ago.

It was a bit odd that he made his first three and missed his final four (all of which were good shots), but that doesn’t make this a half truth. McNeil can shoot it. His form is picture pefect.

Sorry, but one reading that story and not knowing the full context, IMO, would not be getting the true picture of his total performance in THAT game! Definitely not disparaging the kid. He may well be a great shooter, and for his and WVU, we hope he is, but the first 3 shots in one game is NOT a finite indicator! And s for 3-7 shooting placing him 19th in the country, where does that place the probably hundreds of guys that went 4-7, 5-7, etc in a game this early in the season?🍻

Not speaking for Bob, but I think the point was that Huggins knew he needed more perimeter shooting, and found a guy that can stroke it. McNeil also showed that in Spain.

As for comparing stats from this year, I didn’t do that because early season numbers aren’t a good reflector of an entire season. There’s one guy making 80% of his threes so far – that’s not going to be sustainable over a season. That’s why I went back and compared McNeil to last season’s leaders.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports WVU’s Sean McNeil A Hidden Find In Quest For Perimeter Shooting