Yep…..

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Yep…..

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Butlereer Butlereer .

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

themadrev
    Muskets: 7,480

Nighttime in Morgantown, West Virginia, on the campus of West Virginia University……

If you dont recognize that….look it up. Already stoked for Thursday night. We parlayed those thursday night appearances into a gold mine of recognition and relevance. Hope that atmosphere is back. I’ll be there….who’s with me?

JUSTBEATVTPITT
    Muskets: 3,805

I’ll be there.

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

We will, of course.

Have to wonder how many will be there. Students should, of course (and not trying to reignite that debate) but it is definitely difficult for everyone that can make the game on Saturday to also do so on a weeknight. What’s an acceptable figure? More importantly, will the support be good after the disappointment of the ISU game?

themadrev
    Muskets: 7,480

Excellent points and whether or not our fanbase is mentaly tough enough to have a conerback’s mentality about the Iowa State game is my biggest concern. I have told my lovely wife a million times that the true difference in teaams like Alabama, Georgia, and even Tennessee and us is that if they were 0 and 11 and their 12th game was a home game….the place would be packed.

People love to ask the question “why” in regards to our beloved Mountaineers not being an elite program and the challenges are many….lack of instate division 1 talent, playing in a conference that is a huge geographical challenge, national image, overcoming the fact that some prior administrations were fine with being in the stone ages and on and on and on.

But surely undoubtedly, our fanbase and it’s over all lack of true passion and support certainly doesnt help matters. We can fill a bandwagon up with the best of em but sadly we can also leave you out there to pull your own little blue and gold wagon by yourself.

Shepherdstown
    Shepherdstown
    Muskets: 18,455

A 7:00 game with the parking lots not open until 5:00 will make getting to the game a bit of a task

Jeff Cobb
    Jeff Cobb
    Muskets: 3,970

Unfortunately, chilly weather will also tend to keep the fence sitters at home.

POWVA
    Muskets: 30,015

Thursday night games are NOT for the fans at the game. Solely for TV. But television money controls big time college sports.

Ccteam
    Muskets: 68,349

Agreed POW. The working class gotta work.

Gianojo
    Muskets: 15,370

As the hills of West Virginia  resound with the sounds of Mountaineer football and the West Virginia University Mountaineers are on the air.

Cuyahoga Falls Eers
    Muskets: 32,880

I’ll be in Mountaineer Field because I’m not dead yet.

Period.

Even if they’re playing The Little Sisters of the Poor.

That’s called being a fan, not a bandwagon climber.

I know there are people who work and can’t make a Thursday night game, so don’t get your riled up fingers typing a response.

But those who can, should be there. And, yes, those who can afford it should be there.

M agnificent Grier passes shredded Tennessee, 40-14
    O verhelmed drenched Youngstown, 52-17
    U nable to play North Carolina State because of Hurricane Florence
    N asty defense against Kansas State, 35-6
    T errific, then timid on offense against Texas Tech, 42-34
    A ntsy time for fans, vs. Kansas!, 38-22
    I ncomprehensible insanely indescribably inept offense against Iowa State, 14-30
    N ail Baylor
    E rectile dysfunction Texas
    E lectrify TCU
    R eam Oklahoma State
    S laughter Oklahoma

Kevin Kinder
    Kevin Kinder
    Muskets: 8,975

Ccteam
    Muskets: 68,349

Takes me back to the days when the radio and Jack and Woody were the only way to experience WV football for me.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets: 82,060

Jack Fleming was the best of the best. That clip will be around forever.

Butlereer
    Butlereer
    Muskets: 82,060

I’ll be there……. but the last L cost me big time. Have 2 tix that would have sold for big bucks but are still on Stub Hub. Oh well. I’ll find someone to give them to.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Yep…..