Youngsters See Plenty of Action in WVU’s Victory over LIU

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Youngsters See Plenty of Action in WVU’s Victory over LIU

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated by Eugene Kesner.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – Neal Brown played about every Mountaineer who suited up Saturday during WVU’s 66-0 victory over Long Island. West Virginia’s head
    [See the full post at: Youngsters See Plenty of Action in WVU’s Victory over LIU]

It is easy to forget or, sometimes for some, to purposely ignore how young we are.  I did not count twice, and could have miscounted, but it would not be much different even if I did miscount some.

But I counted 108 players on the roster listed by Blue Gold News.  Of those 108 I counted 20 as being some form of either a junior or senior.  Out of those 20 I counted 12 as being either JC transfers or portal transfers.

But regardless of how you view those upper classmen numbers, that leaves 88 players on the roster who are some form of freshmen or sophomores.

One caveat on those 88.  Some of them are RS sophomores who also were granted another year due to covid.  Those players total 12.  Of those 12 I count at least 4 who were either walkons or transfers.

Bottom line is we are young and will still be relatively young next season.

Cinci …. my spreadsheet says about the same. OL only 2 Jr’s no Sr’s. 3 SO’s rest FR.

WVUcinnci Good info. I think that clarifies that most WVU players are still in the learning stage, and will probably improve over time.

Next Saturday, we will find out what these youngsters are made of, going up against a ranked school that has already a win against another ranked school.

If the Mountaineers win (they can) or, are competitive in losing will tell us a lot about the Mountaineer team.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Page forums BlueGoldNews WVU Sports Youngsters See Plenty of Action in WVU’s Victory over LIU